• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 servo's twitch + help needed!

stephenmx50

got my new hyper 7 run in yesterday, just need to start tunning now. :rolleyes:

i have a few questions.......

1. how far away can you drive your car without loosing signal, i seem to only be able to go about 60 feet away before the servo's start twitching and seems to loose signal, i have full batteries (schumacher fail safe fitted and stick pack), also when i walk away from the car with the ariel totaly down on the transmitter control i can only walk away about 20 feet before the servo's start going mad on there own?? is this normal.......?? :unsure: i tested it without the fail safe and it seems to be the same! also tried diffrent crystal (band) was a little better but not much. any ideas guys..........?

2. does anyone have a schumacher fail safe, the instructions are complecated it seems that you can set the fail safe to cut out at diffrent voltage levels, i have set it up i think :unsure: , it cuts in (apllies the brakes) when i turn the transmitter off, just not sure if this volatage thing is set up?

You should be able to drive fairly far away without loosing signal, at least untill you have difficulty seeing it (or is that just my eyes :D)

Your ariel might be damaged ? check the ariel lenght and that its not snapped inside the tubing.

2) You wont need to set anything for low voltage cut off, this will be automatic.

poor signal mate

U might be getting interferance, which is weaking the signal, the car is picking u and interferance up and its giving u this wiggling out of control effect.

Only suggest try a different area, like a big field to see if it still happens :)

Ziggy

Thanks for the help guys,

i must have some sort of signal problem, i dont think its area as i have tried diffrent areas and is still the same!! :angry:

if i try a new receiver can i use a 40mhz even if the transmitter is a 27mhz? will this work??

No

A 27mhz systems has to have 27mhz crystals + reciever(rx) and transmitter (tx)

a 40mhz system has to have 40mhz crystals and Rx + Tx

u cant mix and match different freq bands, but u can within frequency bands

So u can Haboa 40mhz crystals - Attack Controller and HPI reciever that all use 40mhz for example

40mhz may prove to be less prone to interferance, as 27mhz is a general use frequency

if u had the cash, consider changing to a 40mhz (failsafe still neded) or a 2.4ghz system (2400mhz) which wont need a failsafe

Ziggy

40mhz FM is by far the best of the crystalised freqs.27mhz is mostly AM and are very twitchy with shorter range due to AM having to have a swing on the carrier.FM is more pokey as it is a constant signal and a lot cleaner and more steady,2.4 is just excellent and you'd never go back after using one of them.This too is FM and coupled with the 2.4ghz freq and synthesized signal,its far superior to the crystal sets... :good:

thanks again ziggy,

im gona have to try and swap a few things and see if i can remove the problem. like i say i was in a car park running it in and only went about 50 yard beofre i had problems, i have approx 2000mah (much higer than standrad) recharable batterys in may transmitter would you think this could cause the problem?

Do you think its more likely to be the receiver than transmitter??

Thanks for all your help guys, so much better than my local model shop!! :rolleyes:

thanks again ziggy,

im gona have to try and swap a few things and see if i can remove the problem. like i say i was in a car park running it in and only went about 50 yard beofre i had problems, i have approx 2000mah (much higer than standrad) recharable batterys in may transmitter would you think this could cause the problem?

No the Mah of the battery is how much power it holds not how much it puts out, so a 100mah battery will put the same out but last a fraction of the time a 2000Mah battery would.

Do you think its more likely to be the receiver than transmitter??

I would say so yes, i think you have a problem witht the ariel wire.

Thanks for all your help guys, so much better than my local model shop!!

Thanks danny and everyone for your help,

this may be a silly question...

while we are on the subject of radio's, if i was to take my car to a bashing day/race at a track (with 30 or so other cars or more...) how does the radio systems work can you just turn up with 27mhz radio with a band 2 crystal? wouldnt every one be driving each others cars.....?? :unsure:

They used to go by a peg system, where there would be a board and you would need to allocate your frequency to a peg so everyone knows which freq is taken. but now most people who race will use Spectrum systems, Mr Terminator was talking about them. they dont use crystals so no interfierence at all, no swapping crystals or choosing a peg :D

I dont currently have a 2.4Ghz system yet but it is my next "big" purchase, if ya have the cash go get one. There is one set (soon to be released) that costs £59.99 , looks wierd but who can grumble :P deffo worth it.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=...mp;ItemID=28015

P.S. most people use these http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=...mp;ItemID=28419 which are a bit more expensive ! but excellent handsets.

Edited by Danny-B-

ok guys just got in from work and had a play changing a few things to see if i can solve the problem...

my main problem i think regarding the twitching is the stearing servo, now as soon as i brought the car i changed the origanal servo to a "tower pro mg995" i think there is a problem (already) with this servo? since new it constantly wines (quiet but high pitched noise) now when you turn the steering it holds there (on full lock) for a split second before it returns to normall postion and sometimes it stuters when turning, so to check i re-fitted the origanal hobao servo and it does not wine and it returns perfectly every time... do you think the tower pro is now ready for the bin...?? :unsure:

batteries are fully charged by the way.

any help would be great. :rolleyes:

ok guys just got in from work and had a play changing a few things to see if i can solve the problem...

my main problem i think regarding the twitching is the stearing servo, now as soon as i brought the car i changed the origanal servo to a "tower pro mg995" i think there is a problem (already) with this servo? since new it constantly wines (quiet but high pitched noise) now when you turn the steering it holds there (on full lock) for a split second before it returns to normall postion and sometimes it stuters when turning, so to check i re-fitted the origanal hobao servo and it does not wine and it returns perfectly every time... do you think the tower pro is now ready for the bin...?? :unsure:

I did exactly the same, swapped the steering servo for the tower pro. Mine also whines and twitches but it settles down, i don't think its anything to worry about. On my old car the Schumacher fusion 21 the servo's whine on there too. but work fine.

I did exactly the same, swapped the steering servo for the tower pro. Mine also whines and twitches but it settles down, i don't think its anything to worry about. On my old car the Schumacher fusion 21 the servo's whine on there too. but work fine.

Try picking the car up off of the floor to release any pressure that is causing the servo to slightly fight against the pressure, or re-set the center stop position of the servo horn by undoing the skrew that holds it, taking off the horn and then putting it back on once you are sure that the servo is centered.

Or it could be that you have slightly knocked the trim on the controller making it turn ever so slightly.

Give it a go before you bin it!

thanks guys...

the wineing does not bother me as long as they work, but like i mentioned above the main problem is that when i turn the wheels (with the transmitter) very often the steering stays in the full lock position for a second before returning and very occasionly it actually stays on full lock for about 3-4 secons before returning to the original position? :unsure: it didnt do this when i first installed it? this happens when the wheels are off the ground (on a stand)............. is this the kind of thing they do when they are Knackered??

Edited by stephenmx50

Did you by any chance buy the servo of ebay (falcon rcs) The postman has just put mine through the letterbox :D i pluged it in and have the exact same problem as yours :angry:

My brother brought the same item the same day as me.I will see later if he has the same problem :confused:

got my new hyper 7 run in yesterday, just need to start tunning now. :rolleyes:

i have a few questions.......

1. how far away can you drive your car without loosing signal, i seem to only be able to go about 60 feet away before the servo's start twitching and seems to loose signal, i have full batteries (schumacher fail safe fitted and stick pack), also when i walk away from the car with the ariel totaly down on the transmitter control i can only walk away about 20 feet before the servo's start going mad on there own?? is this normal.......?? :unsure: i tested it without the fail safe and it seems to be the same! also tried diffrent crystal (band) was a little better but not much. any ideas guys..........?

2. does anyone have a schumacher fail safe, the instructions are complecated it seems that you can set the fail safe to cut out at diffrent voltage levels, i have set it up i think :unsure: , it cuts in (apllies the brakes) when i turn the transmitter off, just not sure if this volatage thing is set up?

The problem is 100% the new servo fitted :rolleyes: I have the EXACT same problems which you have listed :angry:

I have emailed the fella and he has no problem with a full refund(something tells me this is not the first complaint his recieved) :shockingscary:

I think a case of you get what you pay for :blush: They did seem verry cheap :confused:

Just got a full refund inc p+p with out even asking :D

Just about to to do a search from a proper shop for a mg995 :rolleyes:

Yeah i brought it from Falcon RC (i think he has refunded me as well) must be a dodgy batch?? i dont know if to buy another tower pro or go for something else (hitec)? what do you reckon? let me know if you find a tower pro? (loads on ebay but all being sent from hong kon etc) :unsure:

p.s just p.m you!