• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

guess who

fekker

have a wee game of guess who ..............

guess who saw a wee screw head on the side of his carb on his force 25R engine and decided to fiddle with it ???

oh go on ... have a guess

thinkin its a mid range needle / supply needle valve , basically its at the end of the carb at the HSN side

anyone know what this little bugger is supposed to be set to ????

thinking it could be causing my engine to be groggy

please help a muppet in distress

There should be a screw sticking out in a metal cylinder thing, which is High speed needle, one probably at the front of the carb (looking at it from the front) which is probably the idle screw, and one to the closet side of the HSN which should be the Lsn, its usually going through length ways and is opposite to the bit the servo controls

basically if you can ever get that set right again then ur a genius

ideally it would have to be sent back to the factory so iv been told as the car i had someone had messed with it

easiest thing it to have a mess but itll never really run perfect again or buy a new carb

hi there mate

I'd say that is the Low Speed Needle, as it is a direct feed from the high speed needle :)

The needle which is extruded which has the fuel tubing connected is the High Speed Needle :)

Hope this helps

Ziggy

It is the mid range needle but thats bulls&*t about it never being right again,my Hyper had this screw adjusted and it took 2 mins to put back to factory.It just has to sit flush as in the picture,thats about normal the HSN and LSN adjustment will compensate for it at that setting.My Hyper goes like stink now.... :)

that was SOOOOOOOOOO close ... aye i just kinda tinkered with it but realising i had no idea what it was supposed to do i set it back to approximately roughly where it was when i got it ... cheers fellas thats a load off but unfortunately ......................

NOBODY GUESSED WHO YET !!!!!

that was SOOOOOOOOOO close ... aye i just kinda tinkered with it but realising i had no idea what it was supposed to do i set it back to approximately roughly where it was when i got it ... cheers fellas thats a load off but unfortunately ......................

NOBODY GUESSED WHO YET !!!!!

The missus... :)

It is the mid range needle but thats bulls&*t about it never being right again,my Hyper had this screw adjusted and it took 2 mins to put back to factory.It just has to sit flush as in the picture,thats about normal the HSN and LSN adjustment will compensate for it at that setting.My Hyper goes like stink now.... :)

the engine in question is a force so i think the needle is the lsn

but mr t you are wrong, if on the hyper engines you adjust the mid needle it is extremley hard to retune for max performance. if you have on your then you are lucky. the needle if factory set it is impossible to reset this yourself except by a good luck shot in the dark. see the link hoss has for info

chris

going by the manual that came with the rex the lsn is the screw at the far end attached to the throttle servo .... damn im confused now :imstupid:

sorry hoss that link aint workin mate

Edited by fekker

NO

the one at the end that connects to the throttle ,is the MID RANGE

AN SHOULD NEVER BE TOUCHED

but you have so set it as flush as you can,or ring the states lol

the one youve pointed out is the LOW speed needle

on HYPER engines the needles are reversed

Edited by hoss