• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

One Way Bairing...?

Sin

Right well i have had my engine in bits today, just having a look make sure it was ok. And i was checking the owb, and it seems to turn the engine when it is at the top of its stroke, in both directions. And I think this is why my engine buggered up the other pullstart, and why my drill won't start it (i got a second of life today, it actually produced smoke !!, but then the usual noise came from he drill and it stopped :( )

Video:

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/9800...t=MOV001131.flv

Also a picture to look at, are the black lines around it normal ??

DSC001121.jpg

Thanks Alot guys :D

(Please change this to bearing mods lol am an idiot)

Edited by Sin

u shud if u turn the OWB anticlockwise find it slips, and doesn't turn the engine over - as this is the way the pull start goes when its going back in

However

If u find when you turn it clockwise - and it slipping as in

its turning but not moving anything then yes its dead

However dont just blame the OWB, the starter shaft by showing it has a shiny part and a black ring might mean the shaft has also become worn out

Typical wear and tear tbh mate, and you might just have to pay for them, before it gets beyond a joke :)

Ziggy

ye think am gonna have to, although i can't find that shaft on its own anywhere.... I'll try some grease on the owb itself and not just on the shaft.

yeah, so u think starter shaft and owb ???

I've just had a similar problem, I thought it was the OWB or shaft but whenever I took the engine out and took the Roto-start backplate off and turned it, it never slipped - NEVER. So I would clean everything off and put it all back together only to have it slip again (intermitent though - the engine always started eventualy) in the end it was only just the OWB and not the shaft as its a new engine and they are tight and the OWB dosent seem to like lots of Roto-start.

So if its a new or newish car, can it really be the shaft - don't waste your money untill your sure.

OWB can be '~#*^'s