• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Redcat Vigilante - Xmaxx competition.

vigilante_ST_2_b7d61aed-2a6d-43ee-a5e2-0b2ea06edef5_medium.jpg.61a3019d535a17fa472dbd9b8cf02f95.jpg

Sorry for the ***** pic. 

But it's Xmaxx sized, 859 dollars in the states.

Max 6 ESC, 70kg metal geared steering servo, 4985 1250KV Hobbywing motor. 

Huge diffs, 7075 hubs front and rear out of the box. Huge long travel shocks with built in strap travel limiters. 

If someone imports this... 👀👀 Hoping for a PDRacing version to get sold over here. 

Edited by Lilredmachine

Posted (edited)

Oh, and it's truck shaped, like a truck.

Massive advantage over the Xmaxx. 😂 Also the stock motor mount can straight accept a 56mm can motor without modification. Drivetrain is rated for 8s+ so might be suitable for 12s with a fat can motor. 

Edited by Lilredmachine
  • Like 1

The video they showed last night looked good but no proper sends though,

The pd racing one has a split chassis from the look of this one they've had a 1 piece made instead (but the photos show both 1 and 2 piece chassis on the redcat listing) because the pd racing one splits in 2 quite easily from what I've read so until someone posts pics of one in the wild I'm unsure what to make of it,

Someone needs to import redcats because they would slot nicely between the budget and high end and there's about 8 cars I want but because spares are not on the shelf I've held off

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fred barlow said:

The video they showed last night looked good but no proper sends though,

The pd racing one has a split chassis from the look of this one they've had a 1 piece made instead (but the photos show both 1 and 2 piece chassis on the redcat listing) because the pd racing one splits in 2 quite easily from what I've read so until someone posts pics of one in the wild I'm unsure what to make of it,

Someone needs to import redcats because they would slot nicely between the budget and high end and there's about 8 cars I want but because spares are not on the shelf I've held off

It amazes me that no one imports Redcat, also that we have to wait for even more obscure brands to appear over here with the same cars.

Strikes me that someone would make a killing doing it, decent budget cars are everywhere but there is no doubt that redcats are some of the most well presented and thought about. 

Yeah the chassis on the vigilante is two pieces by the looks of it, at least it was when the Redcat engineer was chatting on the podcast I was watching. 

2 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

No doubt by the time/if it sells here i would bet its there abouts in price with an xmaxx but with limited parts back up

Don't know about that, the PD racing version may appear over here for close to the dollar price. The Redcat Machete/PD racing magnetron is 500 quid from Century Models in the UK, and 500 dollars in the states. 

The Xmaxx is 999 dollars in the US and 1099 quid over here. Traxxas are scalping us big time. 

If this appears over here for 860 quid it'll be a serious contender. 

4 minutes ago, Lilredmachine said:

Don't know about that, the PD racing version may appear over here for close to the dollar price. The Redcat Machete/PD racing magnetron is 500 quid from Century Models in the UK, and 500 dollars in the states. 

The Xmaxx is 999 dollars in the US and 1099 quid over here. Traxxas are scalping us big time. 

If this appears over here for 860 quid it'll be a serious contender. 

Traxxas aren’t scalping anyway, its how imports work. Its a government thing. From Nike trainers, to RC Cars, by the time a product is here, its 20% more. Its just how import taxes work?

Traxxas are far from a perfect company morally. Their UK Pricing is nothing to do with them.

Edited by Kpowell911

6 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Traxxas aren’t scalping anyway, its how imports work. Its a government thing. From Nike trainers, to RC Cars, by the time a product is here, its 20% more. Its just how import taxes work?

Traxxas are far from a perfect company morally. Their UK Pricing is nothing to do with them.

So it should be 950 quid then? I understand how that works, but taking into account sales tax in the US there is a 250 quid load on the cost of an Xmaxx on top of the profit Traxxas are already making on the truck. That can't all be background costs. Usually, dollars convert into £s on import, usually including shipping. 

17 hours ago, Lilredmachine said:

It amazes me that no one imports Redcat, also that we have to wait for even more obscure brands to appear over here with the same cars.

Strikes me that someone would make a killing doing it, decent budget cars are everywhere but there is no doubt that redcats are some of the most well presented and thought about. 

Yeah the chassis on the vigilante is two pieces by the looks of it, at least it was when the Redcat engineer was chatting on the podcast I was watching. 

Unfortunately redcat has a bad rep because of the cheap Chinese chassis they used back in the late 2000 early 2010s when RTR was in it's infancy and the quality control coming out of china was the work of Stevie wonder,

So many people now don't give the cars a second look but yeah it's an optical illusion or bad photo

11 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

That's the market they are aiming for with it which is a good idea 

vigilante_ST_chassis_8.webp

• 2 weeks later...