• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC Helicopter pilots. What was your line of progression via models and would you change the line up?

Posted (edited)

That’s the point of the post, need that single beginner helicopter to get me started…thought the s107 was the one but no due to slightly different controls and I wondered why I could not hover the MSRX 🤔🤔😜😜 I am not even a good beginner..lol

Edited by karlo888
  • Like 1

possibly but dont know where you would stand with insurance and the law etc 

also the rockets would have to be quite small to fit in a scaleish sized launcher 

Posted (edited)

Just thought that it must be a nightmare trying to fly biggish rc helicopters outside unless it’s in your garden and you have a large enough private place. 

maybe in my case I am better off with micro helicopters 🤔🤔🤔 

Edited by karlo888
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

lol,I have already looked at that and lessons too but seems not a lot local to me that I can find or there are no contact details maybe due to level of interest. 🤔🤔🤔

some require you to pass the BMFA ‘A’ test before allowing you to fly.

need to read up on all this.

Edited by karlo888

Seems a lot of membership requirements just to be in a club to even learn to fly outside due to the size and that’s before you decide if you enjoy it.

BMFA, CCA, club fees, 123, ABC, DOE RAY ME and a friend… between £80-150 (I added the last lot for fun 😜😜😂😂 except the friend).

I understand why but I am hoping at start until I can go solo and hopefully find a spotter, it’s cheaper.

just waiting for replys.

don’t forget the BMCA for local bashing too.

• 4 weeks later...

rwQkkSt.jpg

Recently addes a K110S, great deal on Banggood and enjoying it, flying outdoors where crash landings are kinder. Find that main gear comes loose or twists out of position after some crash landings. Even dusted off Phoenix RC sim for more practice and muscle memory for inverted flying. Not had any rc cars out yet, but hopefully soon, after rebuilding a few nitro engines.

• Like 1