• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao pirate 1/10 wheels

foxy

Hi all I’ve just been given a hobao pirate monster struck with the21 engine the problem I have is it came with no wheels and I’m struggling to find any information regarding what size wheels I need for it any help would be really appreciated thank you 

If this is the 1/8 truck, if I remember right...these were 17mm hexes, but had the HUGE offset.

these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/315091795333?hash=item495cef3d85:g:XeQAAOSw~jlloS9S

They turn up from time to time on E-Bay, usually at stupid prices as they get bolted onto other trucks to give a very wide stance. An alternative is to find some extended wheel hexes so you can use more normal offset truck wheels and tyres.

oh...and I wouldn;t buy those ones. £60..and they are ruined.

Edited by Nitroholic

I'd steer away from the Tamiya ones as the truck they go on is 1/12 scale.... but basically, the offset looks pretty standard, so it's all down to the overall diameter.

If in doubt...you can always give the shop a call. I've always found them helpful.

Them wheels you sent the link for of the same wheels as mine the seller says they are 5inches high and 3 inch wide so not sure how to work out the full diameter. 

Edited by foxy