• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Schumacher Procat Classic - On a nostalgia trip!

ms_sjo

It's been about a decade since I was last on this forum, and i'm here because I just ordered the Schumacher Procat Classic kit! The Procat was the first decent model I raced with when I was a kid probably around 90-91, so when I saw this come up at a fairly reasonable cost, I just couldn't help myself!

Now it may just end up a shelf queen.. I don't race, or do anything R/C anymore.. but I am curious what other people have purchased the kit, upgrades etc.. I saw one chap had some carbon parts - are they for the original Procat, or new release for the Classic kit?.. Just curious about what's out there really!

Thanks 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I've been running a Procat Classic for a bit! Tried some Xray shocks on it as apposed to the standard ones, but my spring rates are a bit off. I got the pro transmission kit with it, well worthwhile to not have to worry about breaking stuff with modern brushless. There's a couple of companies re-doing the period upgrades from what I've seen, Schumacher also are doing a lot of the carbon parts.