• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hardwire throttle channel reverse?

deprivedoflsleep

I have a HW1060 clone paired up with a WLToys Tx/Rx in my son's TT-02.  In order to get forward drive with trigger pull I had to reverse the motor wires, but this means that the ESCs inbuilt Forwards>Brake>Reverse priority is also reversed so now the car just slams into reverse when driving forwards and only applies the brake when running in reverse.

I know the answer is swap out the crappy WLToys radio for something with a channel reverse, but as a short term workaround is there any floor in my logic of just splitting the transmitter open and swapping the wires on the trigger contacts for a hardwired channel reverse?

As an update to this, after my son's first race it became apparent that the WLToys radio is no use.  Aside from the lack of channel reverse, it's also lacking steering dual rate which is causing an issue.  Thus I'm pulling it out and replacing with a cheap Flysky GT3C.

Gt3c is a good system, there is an older and a newer version though, newer version uses a micro usb to charge it and if you look at the battery where it connects to the remote there is 3 separate connections

Edited by wolfie1

Yes looks like I have the newer one as it has the micro USB port.  I used to own one years ago (older version with the mini USB port) and it was rock solid, never had an issue with it.  Scroll wheel on this one is looser than I recall from my last one but nit picking really, it will do what we need it to.