• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wolfie1 X-MAXX

wolfie1

15 minutes ago, Tug said:

These issues can all be fixed. I've faced so much frustration in the past, but with a clear head and a short break, you'll figure it out. 

Yes they can, im on holiday this week and was looking forward to some adrenaline fueled rc fun before the storm hits later this week, thats all

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

Wow didnt 1/2 chew those pinions up 😞

I have ordered 2 more hardened ones and if 1 gets destroyed in record time again i will change the spur gear although it looks ok before continuing, personally i just think its using a hardened steel spur with a none hardened pinion or not very well hardened 1.

I had a similar issue a few years ago with my savage xl , the spur was hardened steel and i fitted a standard clutch bell although it last a good bit longer that 30 seconds!

14 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Yeh i know daft question but was the mesh ok ?

Yes it was, it has them pin things on the motor so you cant go wrong  and there was just a touch of slop between the gears, enough to be happy with. I did take also apart the cush drive just make sure there was nothing damaged in there either

9 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

The only spurs and pinions that Ive been successful with in my X Maxx is the GDS ones. The pin system isnt infalliable, some dont use it at all

Funny you say that i have a gds spur gear coming as a replacement, currently i am using traxxas hardened pinions

The postie arrived today with the haul of goodies, some i have installed, others will be done at a later date when other stuff arrives

J7NyIdv.jpg

installed the spur holding plate and installed a new 50t spur gear and 18t pinion

3zuLyHb.jpg

zjtjQRe.jpg

Then installed front and rear anti roll bars, i may change to the thicker ones in the kit but have stuck the mediums on for the moment

mpSC3bJ.jpg

tEP0oSd.jpg

FnY6Gnq.jpg
Also replaced the cush drive as mine was destroyed, may get a delete eventually but will keep with it for a while and see how they last,looking forward to the better weather tomorrow to get it out and test it all out

• Like 1

So am just in after having this out and my thoughts on what i have changed are night and day, with the extended hubs and the anti roll bars it handles unbelievably well, this is how the truck should have come from the factory! With the set up of my spur and pinion it was always noisy and when i reassembled everything yesterday i set up the 18/50 gears with the pin system at 17/50 truck sounded so much better with way less mesh slop, so very happy with the outcome, just meed more 4s batteries now so the fun lasts longer  🤭 😜

• Like 1

2 hours ago, locky said:

Does it feel as agile with +54mm hubs and larger turning circle?

Wouldnt have said the turning circle is much larger, in fact it can be less now, as now you can make the back end slide around when turning

Had so much fun this morning thought i would go out again in a field next to my house the farmer has just lifted the tatties, was going really well until i hit a particularly muddy bit, car is totally still fine, but look at it!🙃 it was everywhere

bPG8PlR.jpg

• Like 2

Last night after work after my delivery of diff and shock oils arrived decided to check and top up all the diffs, i felt somewhat sad at paying £60 for oils lol, also got fitted the hardened steel main diff gear and the gear behind the cush drive fitted. That 20million oil was is unbelievable thick and expensive at £17 for a little pot but should refill the diff a few times.

Also bought 2 more DXF POWER 10000mah lipo as i really like the run times on the ones i already have, i also have a couple of the 8400mah ones and i am sure that it wheelies better (could be an illusion, i dont know) with the 10000 ones so i like them better and the fact that they fit perfectly in the battery tray. The diff gears were wet inside so there was fluid in there but i couldnt see any really so glad i got them filled too, i just put 50000 in both the front and rear.

When i got to my shocks they were probably 8-10mm down from the top and they have no signs of leaks so i can only assume they werent filled properly i put 40 weight oil in which is slightly thicker than stock as i have extended the axles and the wide kit says to put thicker oil in, so now i need some better weather to get it out again

• Like 1

are your 8400 and 10,000 bats the same C rating ?

If say 1 set was 60c and other set is 80c the higher c rate will allow more power through the esc/motor and could allow it to wheely easier 

3 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

are your 8400 and 10,000 bats the same C rating ?

If say 1 set was 60c and other set is 80c the higher c rate will allow more power through the esc/motor and could allow it to wheely easier 

Yes the c rating is more on the 10000 packs 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since i am on holiday this week i thought i would take advantage of the nice day, there is some sand dunes 10 mins drive from my house at Balmedie and have been wanting to take the xmaxx there, had a lot of fun and a few tumbles too, but they dont count,  right 🤣

reuAStY.mp4

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1