• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best Land Rover Scaler

Jray2955

After going down the scaler rabbit hole my   credit card is twitching!

So my interest in primary Land Rover products and I've just built the Charisma RR which I love.

So the contenders are:

TRC D90

RC4WD D90

CC02 D90

MST DC

Boom Racing 109/110

And an Killerbody D90 on a SCX10 chassis.

What experience do people have with these?

You've already built the range rover, that was quick, you only asked about getting it yesterday, any pics , ??

🤔🤔

Just now, wombat said:

You've already built the range rover, that was quick, you only asked about getting it yesterday, any pics , ??

🤔🤔

No your right I was making the whole thing up, I actually was lying in some sort of attempt to make myself seem important and well off.

I thought if people could see me on the Internet bragging about buying a £199.99 kit they might think I was a big shot.

I'm sorry I've been caught out....

🤣

Local shop had one hence me asking brought this morning and built it today just got to paint the shell but haven't decided on a colour so been running it around the living room naked.

But thank you for the input all advice is well appreciated 🙏 

• Haha 1

In that case I apologise profusely for any offence caused, and give you much respect for buying and building the kit in the same day, 👍👍

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wombat said:

In that case I apologise profusely for any offence caused, and give you much respect for buying and building the kit in the same day, 👍👍

Haha no offense taken at all i was only having a joke, apologies if my reply seemed like i was being rude my humor can be abit off to some people🤣

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jray2955 said:

Haha no offense taken at all i was only having a joke, apologies if my reply seemed like i was being rude my humor can be abit off to some people🤣

Actually thought your response was brilliant, I've got a similar sense of humour 🤣

46 minutes ago, 53HRA said:

I’ve had most of them from the list, but I tend to always go for the Traxxas TRX4 for actual running

If you want ultimate scale Boom Racing is brilliant 

You have kind of took my thoughts and made them real.

The Traxxis is by far and away the most popular land rover model out there and I suppose its for a reason.

I love the idea of having all singing and dancing interiors and stuff but in reality it doesn't really matter at the end of the day.

The 109 from boom racing is on my list even if its just to admire.

So in your experience then as beautiful and realistic as these kits are the Traxxis is the the one to have for actually driving and the Boom is the one to drool over?

What about the TRC and RC4WD?

Forgive my ignorance but I'm new to the scale world and am trying to get my head around all the different models and set ups?

5 minutes ago, wombat said:

Actually thought your response was brilliant, I've got a similar sense of humour 🤣

We are a rare breed I spend most of my life with people looking at me not really knowing how to take me.

Which just adds to the fun really🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jray2955 said:

No your right I was making the whole thing up, I actually was lying in some sort of attempt to make myself seem important and well off.

I thought if people could see me on the Internet bragging about buying a £199.99 kit they might think I was a big shot.

I'm sorry I've been caught out....

🤣

Local shop had one hence me asking brought this morning and built it today just got to paint the shell but haven't decided on a colour so been running it around the living room naked.

But thank you for the input all advice is well appreciated 🙏 

I hope the curtains were closed...I suppose at least you weren't driving it in the garden naked...

• Haha 1