• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Injora rock buggy

wombat

33 minutes ago, wombat said:

Finally finished, first impression is very good, goes well on my garden course, will test properly at weekend. Hobbywing 1060, flysky tx and rx. Will need better shocks at some time, and if needs be got some carisma coyote v1 axles ready to go in😁PXL_20230717_132322719.thumb.jpg.a13d6d06d8ca175f2c25aeeb19803499.jpgPXL_20230717_132920048.thumb.jpg.816543aef78f3878281fd0437c91e2db.jpgPXL_20230717_132256311.thumb.jpg.b6968a59f9b58dbfffbb40ad541d4aac.jpgPXL_20230717_132309901.thumb.jpg.cfa55f046e3411aff86fe6dc90d6ab9c.jpg

Looks good 👍 but why do you need new axles it come with some didn’t it ?

Edited by RC4WD fan
  • Thanks 1

Hi @RC4WD fan,some people have problems with the front drive shafts breaking at the drive pin holes, some people don't. I have spare shafts, but if it does become a problem, I'll change the axles. I feel this has the potential to perform excellently,😁

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, wombat said:

Hi @RC4WD fan,some people have problems with the front drive shafts breaking at the drive pin holes, some people don't. I have spare shafts, but if it does become a problem, I'll change the axles. I feel this has the potential to perform excellently,😁

Yeah I’ve heard that about the Injora axles one if the main reason I’m 50/50 about getting a set for my cc-02 Range Rover build but I suppose I could order a couple of extra parts you mentioned but I’m also considering the Carisma axles as well I believe you can mount the servo on the axles of the v2 Carisma axles you just need the mounting for it but don’t quote me on that 

2 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

I went with Axial scx10 11 axles on my rock buggy, also it responds to longer wheelbase, dont seem to be using mine lately 

proper Axial SCX10 ii axles are like £80 for one kind of makes no sense on something like this as it a cheap RC to begin with but I understand why you got them it’s a shame that Axial scx10 ii and trx 4 axles are so expensive I personally think that they would be very popular if they were a lower price for custom builds 

Edited by RC4WD fan
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Looking good mate be interesting to seeing it going :good:

Will try and get a video up soon, but my IT skills are poor, hopefully a mate will sort it on Sunday 👍

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

proper Axial SCX10 ii axles are like £80 for one kind of makes no sense on something like this as it a cheap RC to begin with but I understand why you got them it’s a shame that Axial scx10 ii and trx 4 axles are so expensive I personally think that they would be very popular if they were a lower price for custom builds 

i had them spare so it was a no brainer, and sold on the new axles it came with

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

i had them spare so it was a no brainer, and sold on the new axles it came with

Ah fair enough I probably would do the same 👍

17 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

Yeah I’ve heard that about the Injora axles one if the main reason I’m 50/50 about getting a set for my cc-02 Range Rover build but I suppose I could order a couple of extra parts you mentioned but I’m also considering the Carisma axles as well I believe you can mount the servo on the axles of the v2 Carisma axles you just need the mounting for it but don’t quote me on that 

You can mount the servo on the axle, but the problem could be that the coyote v2 transmission is geared to turn the propshafts in opposite directions to eliminate torque twist, so i would think that if the axles are mated to a normal transmission they would try to turn in opposite directions. I could be wrong, but wouldnt want you to buy axles you could not use

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wombat said:

You can mount the servo on the axle, but the problem could be that the coyote v2 transmission is geared to turn the propshafts in opposite directions to eliminate torque twist, so i would think that if the axles are mated to a normal transmission they would try to turn in opposite directions. I could be wrong, but wouldnt want you to buy axles you could not use

That does ring a bell actually when I built a v2 kit I think it depends on what way the diff goes in you have the crown gear on opposite sides to each other but I think I’m not 100% sure you can put them on either way but fair enough stick with what you know 👍

• Like 1

Tried out at the local club on a very wet course, very impressed, no axle problems yet, definately needs better shocks, and now ive tried it going to invest in better tyres

No pics or videos yet as my mate had camera problems 😀

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Latest update. Got some better shocks for it, and on the advice of local club members set them up in a full droop set up my. Bad mistake, wouldn't even get round the full course without grounding out, rebuilt them to normal set up and it's better than ever, just need to decide on tyres now and it will be perfect, if I ever find the best all-round tyre, if one exists, lol,😀

• Like 3

Know what you mean @Lone-wolf, mine was meant to be a budget build, it's well past the budget now, got it set up for general crawling, usually round the local club course. My coyote used to be my go too crawler, but this has taken its place, though I'd never get rid of the coyote 😀

• Like 2

Good you say that, I had some 2nd hand canyon trails on the coyote, excellent tyres, when I ripped 2 of them replaced them with Chinese copies of them and couldn't tell the difference, so am thinking of getting some for the rock buggy, which is currently on super swampers, which are excellent until they get wet or muddy 🤔

• Like 2

That's what I'm going to do next Sunday, also going to put the coyote wheels on the injora to see how it goes, would like some deepwoods for it but out of budget at moment ,😪

• Sad 1

I have a plan, my partner is wanting an expensive waterproof jacket for Christmas, and we spend the same on each other, so could be tyres and other bits for me 🙂

• Haha 1

I did run the fake Traxxas canyon tyres on my rock buggy for a while and they worked well, now got some injora tyres that are larger and said to be direct copy of some proline even same compound and have to say on slick rock they do work very well, half tempted to sell the injora and get a smaller similar type of rig

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...