• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bugsta where should I go to next?

SXFoxstar

After loving my FTX Bugsta, I am dreaming of upgrading either that or to a proper RC boat. Assuming I stick with a non water RC wondered would you recommend upgrading the Bugsta or simply starting from scratch with a mid range RC. Going to have to be sub £400 (still only dreaming). But want something a bit tougher, good for 180 skids on the street and also good on cycle tracks at the park.  Feed my dreams 😆

Yes it's stronger than the Bugsta ( nothings indestructible ) and it's certainly faster....60mph do for you  ? Parts are cheap  and upgrades are available. There's a section on here for the DR8 & lots of YouTube reviews.  IF,   you decide to go for a better boat, then have a look at the Joysway Alpha....I can recommend that also. 

At the end of the day mate, you can ask 20 different people & get 20 different answers.. SO, It's your decision...enjoy whatever you get 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Yorkshireman said:

Yes it's stronger than the Bugsta ( nothings indestructible ) and it's certainly faster....60mph do for you  ? Parts are cheap  and upgrades are available. There's a section on here for the DR8 & lots of YouTube reviews.  IF,   you decide to go for a better boat, then have a look at the Joysway Alpha....I can recommend that also. 

At the end of the day mate, you can ask 20 different people & get 20 different answers.. SO, It's your decision...enjoy whatever you get 🙂

Sounds great, realise nothing is indestructible. But I feel like my poor old Bugsta constantly needs repairs with only small jumps so would like to get something with a bit more strength. 

in the meantime if I wanted to make the switch to LiPos a simple ESC motor combo would be all I need right?

• Like 1

At some point you're going to want to cut the cord with the Bugsta and move on to something faster and stronger, as you say. Might as well be sooner rather than spend more on the Bugsta. Talking from experience with an FTX Carnage.

I've never seen a HoBao I didn't like, they're rock solid. I have a Hyper VS and a Hyper SS. Good price, great cars, little basic maybe but simple is sometimes best. FTX DR8 also looks really good, never driven one but always wanted to.

Once you go 1/8 scale for bashing you won't regret it. The power, durability and how capable the bigger cars are on harsher terrain  is next level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i would definitely vote for the hyper tt as that was one of my best car, the only thing i did was bend the chassis but they are cheap enough and someone once told me to just double up the chassis and it will be quite tough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1