• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Glow Plugs & Rarity - HPI Evo Rush - Older Rigs

MrGMoto

Hey there guys, I have recently reignited the Nitro in me. I have took the plunge and brought a bundle off eBay of version bits and pieces for a considerable amount of money. 

Going through the check list before I receive them and I thought to my self.....mmmmm... i'm probably going to need some new lines, filters and some glow plugs.  

The lot I have brought has a bunch of mixed engines so no idea what plugs I will need for sure but upon look for some, the prices seem to have gone though the roof in my opinion. I am talking 10 years or so ago...

In regards to plugs my old hobby shop closed down years ago ( I live in north wales, close to Chester) and not many shops that sell nitro stuff from what I can see.  I have found ones from general shops for anywhere from £6-£15 a piece. I then stumbled across Ali express, Banggood etc, but what is the quality like. I'm not talking racing or high performance kinda stuff but stuff that functions for a reasonable price.  I did done some research of the HSP brand that still seem to supply a lot of parts.  The bay of e don't have much either. not even someone selling a bunch of old stock. 

I have a HPI EVO RUSH and a big Traxxis both Nitro of course. Trying to find bits for them.... well I need drive shafts for the rush which I can't find and have misplaced the originals years ago to measure them. It also needs a new main Spur gear. but can't find them either, other than a 3D printed one from the bay of e  or pay for the file and print my self. 

I'm struggling to find any upgrade parts, or figure out what other parts are compatible.  

From what i understand a lot of people have now moved over to the electric stuff, but nitro is nitro and its not the same. 

Any help or suggestions would be great!

• 1 month later...

Yeah man stuff has gone up in price I remember 20 years ago glow plugs were 90p each in my local shop. Now £8. 

Don’t buy rubbish from Ali Express or any of the other unscrupulous websites and instead go to proper hobby shops. Wheelspinmodels, modelsport etc… Those products are trusted. 

As for Rush parts or HPI parts in general try Luke’s RC Shop he does HPI parts. I have vintage HPI as well, gotta love the old Rushes! 

Edited by Cactus