• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Puffed life battery

jimbulsara

Hi all,

was just running this morning and when I got back the life battery was reading 2.8 v per cell. In addition I think that the whole pack is a bit swollen . Not massively but noticeable to the touch . How do I store this battery till Tuesday ? Shall I put it in storage charge ? I can take it to work on Tuesday and probably dispose of it there.

35 minutes ago, Bajadre said:

stick in a lipo safe bag or ammo can or metal container and store outside til tuesday jim 👍 

Do I just store it as it is ? Or shall I put it into storage charge ?

6 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

or an electric motor

i forgot about that one and its also the quickest, in a few hours the battery will be fully drained 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Your charger should have a DISCHARGE function, i would completely discharge said lipo and put it outside till you can dispose of it

Just found out the place I work can’t dispose of it. How do you guys dispose of lipos? 
by any chance any of you guys know of such a place in Newcastle?

after its flat i usually cut the connector off , bare the ends of the wires and twist them together as that prevents the battery coming back up

• Like 2

Thanks all. I have attached a pic of the culprit. It isn’t very swollen and it might even be ok. But I noticed that it was ever so swollen and there is no point risking any accident over a battery. I am now discharging it using the charger and then throw it away. 

image.jpg

Further update. The charger only discharges up to 3v I will need to fashion a light or motor has it had been suggested here.