• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FMS FCX24 owners thread "Blazer,Powerwagon,smasher and Unimog"

Lone-wolf

3 minutes ago, steephill said:

@RC4WD fan looking good. I prefer the tubular bumper to stock chrome bumper. 

Same here 👍 I’ve found a 3d printed tubular back bumper but the seller won’t ship to the UK 😩

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Looking pretty good mate but pity the seller wont ship to UK :good:

It’s really is they do a 3d printed Chevy interior too looks great from the pics 

• Like 1

Never will I complain about putting 1.9 beadlocks together ever again so fiddly and doesn’t help having sausage fingers either 🤣 but was worth it in the end only has a little bit of rub on full lock when compressed but has ever so slightly widened the track IMG_0255.thumb.jpeg.8fab959529b07715797a2ef1c2872ffb.jpegIMG_0256.thumb.jpeg.f102d7302c1dbd2e0c2eb59c7bf439f5.jpeg doesn’t look like that anymore the front has been stripped down as I’m painting the inner grill and lights 👍

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

That was a long tinkering shift, fitted the brass links and portal covers, brass hex`s and the new wheels, also modded the shocks for oil filled, truck has gone from 470grams to 620 ish

Brass.JPG

wheels and brass.JPG

Looks good the brass colour goes well with black don’t think it would with orange though hence why I’m waiting for the painted stuff but saying that there might be a colour change happening soon 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

quite easilly sorted if you want tail lights then :good:

Yep I believe you can get 3d printed rear light buckets and to add to that I’ve found a seller that does 3d printing and has a tubular rear bumper but no way am I going to pay £40 do it 😳

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

sorted the links, they are now the correct way , here is a cheeky pic of the factory fitted headlights, very cool

lights.JPG

Do you know what the other plug on the lights are for ? 

10 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

sorry cant answer that one

Has my puzzled as it a bigger plug than the other one only thing I can think of is it has a different resistor on the set of wires possibly the make them brighter ? if you run them of a separate small battery 

9 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

seems its for more lights so light bar or rear lights, i think its a JST 1.25 connector

That makes sense though I hope they sell the lights as an upgrade because I don’t think I’ll ever be able to make a set up my self I’m still putting off making (trying to make) the 4th set for the TRX4 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

It would look smart with a roof light bar :good:

i hear there are dimples in the roof to drill and fit supplied light spot light bar, that can also be used with supplied roll bar when set up as a pickup, with the power supply already in place it would be pretty simple to add 1.8mm red led lights to back

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

i hear there are dimples in the roof to drill and fit supplied light spot light bar, that can also be used with supplied roll bar when set up as a pickup, with the power supply already in place it would be pretty simple to add 1.8mm red led lights to back

Your correct I drilled out the 2 conveniently placed holes in the plastic glass to fit the light bar on mine 😁 and lot of people are cutting out a rear window as well as the glass has it the gut not cut in the body 

1 minute ago, RC4WD fan said:

Your correct I drilled out the 2 conveniently placed holes in the plastic glass to fit the light bar on mine 😁 and lot of people are cutting out a rear window as well as the glass has it the gut not cut in the body 

i wont be cutting the back window, it would look like a 5yr old had done it with a penknife if i did, but might look at rear lights, i dont see me getting to run mine till next weekend as im away for a few days to visit my Bro in south wales

• Haha 3