• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scammed yet again on eBay

Grogg

Scammed yet again on eBay, and my worst experience of being scammed on eBay to date, ordered 3 items from 3 different sellers, all where delivered about an hour ago, not a single item was what I ordered, yet alone bares any resemblance to the sellers listing, like the black mobile phone case I ordered, not only is it not black like was advertised, shown and I ordered - I was sent one in ''digital camouflage'', black, white, and various shades of grey colour, it's not even for the model of phone I ordered it for.

eBay is getting worse and worse every time I try and buy something  off of it.

*technically I ordered 4 items but one of the sellers decided against their stated form of delivery and to use EVRI instead of the Royal Mail that they advertised they used, who knows if that will ever be delivered, or if it's already been stolen by the delivery driver, they said they attempted to deliver it yesterday, yet my security cameras show no delivery drivers approaching my front door all day yesterday, or indeed enter my drive way.

• Sad 3

IF ITS TO BE DELIVERED AND EVRI ARE THE COURIER I DONT BUY ANYMORE NOT WORTH THE GRIEF I DONT THINK

LAST ITEM  WAS 2 4S LIPO BATTERIES THROWN OVER MY BACK GATE

THAT WAS AFTER I LEFT NOTE ON FRONT DOOR SAYING PLEASE LEAVE I SHED AT REAR GATE  OPEN

4 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Total rubbish! Any problem with ebay - and they pay you straight back in my experience! 

Well you've had better luck with eBay than I've had.  I spoke them this morning on the phone to notify them that not a single item delivered today matched their descriptions or was what I ordered, their response, ''we'll contact the sellers to initialise a return/refund request, but due to the bank holiday, it will be the 6th of May before we can progress this case any further, and that's assuming the sellers agree''.

So far one seller has refused a return request unless I cover the cost of returning the item, and the other 3 are ignoring messages from eBay, I can't even leave them negative feedback for 7 days, and that's assuming they don't pretend to try and resolve the situation and get their negative feedback counter reset to 7 days.

3 hours ago, vinniejones said:

IF ITS TO BE DELIVERED AND EVRI ARE THE COURIER I DONT BUY ANYMORE NOT WORTH THE GRIEF I DONT THINK

LAST ITEM  WAS 2 4S LIPO BATTERIES THROWN OVER MY BACK GATE

THAT WAS AFTER I LEFT NOTE ON FRONT DOOR SAYING PLEASE LEAVE I SHED AT REAR GATE  OPEN

I generally avoid eBay like the plague, I find the place to be filled with charlatans and thieves, and it's the same with EVRI, I refuse to buy anything online unless they explicitly state their delivery method, and if it's EVRI, I go somewhere else, even if that means paying a bit more.  Apparently they tried to deliver it again today, while I was in the front garden no less - that's when I got the email to tell me  that they had tried to deliver the package but I wasn't in, not long back in the house from pottering around in the front garden, and I haven't seen an EVRI van on the street all day, UPS, FedEX, and DPD - DPD can confirm this twice actually as I received 2 deliveries from them today from different drivers, that I've not only been at home all day, but out in my front garden.

Well just had some good news from eBay, not only am I being refunded for every purchase I made the other day, but due to the sellers attitudes and behavior, I have been asked by 2 of them to cover the return shipping costs of returning products that I not only didn't order, but bared no resemblance to what was advertised in their listings, 1 has been sending me death threats after sending me his address to pay to return something I didn't order or even slightly resemble the images and description on their listing - that's an extremely smart thing to do give somebody your home address and then start spam them with death threats and worse.  eBay have told me to either keep the crap these scammers sent me - eBay's customer service guy's exact words, or just to bin them, the same for the seller who sent my purchase via EVRI should it ever magically be delivered, though I think the odds of that are non existent, for a start EVRI's delivery driver would need to learn how to walk without having to use his knuckles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had an item that never arrived and I then opened a case, eBay issued a refund and I forgot all about it. 2 months later the seller started messaging me asking me to send them the money via PayPal as the tracking showed that it was delivered (it wasn't). In the end I had to report the seller to eBay as I was getting messages 2-3 times a week! 

I always pay with either PayPal or Amex 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alex97 said:

I had an item that never arrived and I then opened a case, eBay issued a refund and I forgot all about it. 2 months later the seller started messaging me asking me to send them the money via PayPal as the tracking showed that it was delivered (it wasn't). In the end I had to report the seller to eBay as I was getting messages 2-3 times a week! 

I always pay with either PayPal or Amex 

I reported one of the sellers to the police today, the one who sent me their address and then started to send me death threats and threaten my family.  The Irish customer service rep that dealt with me today, after seeing what I had purchased, and the listings, especially the photos, options, descriptions, used to advertise/show what you are purchasing, compared to what I received, had me report the 3 sellers who's sent me stuff that bared no resemblance to what they had list and you thought you where buying based off of their photos, options, descriptions using their ''report seller'' feature, and re upload all the photos - apparently though eBay can see any images you send and read any messages that are sent the people who have all the clout don't see those unless specifically asked to where as if you report the listing it goes directly to these people so there is no need for a referral/flag from a customer service rep, that I had sent to the sellers to point out that what they sent me was not what they where telling people they where selling, and suspended all 3 of them, though the one that I reported to both my local police, as well as his - he did after all send me his home address first before he started to send me death threats and threaten my family, maybe getting banned from the platform, apparently I'm not the only person he has sent death threats to.

eBay really needs to add a filter, like an ignore list, where you can ban specific sellers from appearing in search results.  I try to use eBay as little as possible, and support local shops, and if I can't get it locally, at least support a UK bricks and mortar shop.  But nowadays I'm finding that I'm getting scammed all the by people ''selling'' normal everyday items that are nothing special, where as the 'exotic'' stuff that I have no choice but to source from eBay and you expect to be sold by people of loose moral character, I've never been scammed, or misled once.

Edited by Grogg
  • Confused 1