• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Second hand HPI trophy flux buggy

Simon Hester

Hi Quick question 

I have a possible option to purchase a HPI trophy flux buggy for what seems like a good price as it includes various bits of kit curious if it is worth it. 

Offering 
The car claims not used much 
On road spare wheels
4 Lipos 2 x RoaringTop 5200mAh 50C and 2 x Sport Track 5300mAh 55C - both sets are 2s
Charger C1 XR

All for £160

Is it too good to be true? A google of the parts suggest none of the machine player in the UK sell them so all form the far east. 

The Photo suggest it is good condition

Edited by Simon Hester
Added some more info

Get pics with body off and also the underside. Ask if any parts missing or broken.  Is radio 2.4ghz or 27mhz?  Is it run using 2 x 2s = 4s?

Price depends on perceived value and accuracy of description.  Is it being posted or collected for £160?

On the face of it seems fairly good value, but much really depends on condition inc. driveline / tranny parts, which obviously you can't see.  Trophy buggies never seem to go for that strong money, nowhere near the value of a Vorza.  And those 2S packs were prob run in series for 4S, so again what are they like?  Slightly puffed and/or out of balance and they're pretty much worthless.  Charger is OK for a budget item, but you can pick en up new for under 30 quid, so don't place too much value on it.

Bottom line, if the buggy is mechanically spot on, with just cosmetic wear, the packs are good, then 160 ish is prob not a bad deal (check as above if 2.4ghz?), I mean what can you get new for that these days?  And if paying PP then you do at least have some protection too.

• Like 2

I saw it as and upgrade to my current car thats is now in need of a new front servo and some tyres. 

That car is a much older BSD racing Compression Brushless. buggy. Had it about 10 years and started to use it more now my 8 year has got into RC cars he has a smaller brushed truggy that he loves to drive. 

1 hour ago, bertberr said:

On the face of it seems fairly good value, but much really depends on condition inc. driveline / tranny parts, which obviously you can't see.  Trophy buggies never seem to go for that strong money, nowhere near the value of a Vorza.  And those 2S packs were prob run in series for 4S, so again what are they like?  Slightly puffed and/or out of balance and they're pretty much worthless.  Charger is OK for a budget item, but you can pick en up new for under 30 quid, so don't place too much value on it.

Bottom line, if the buggy is mechanically spot on, with just cosmetic wear, the packs are good, then 160 ish is prob not a bad deal (check as above if 2.4ghz?), I mean what can you get new for that these days?  And if paying PP then you do at least have some protection too.

Hi Yeah the 2s are used as a pair to i guess give it 4s power. It has 2 sects of DEANs connectors. 

1 hour ago, locky said:

Get pics with body off and also the underside. Ask if any parts missing or broken.  Is radio 2.4ghz or 27mhz?  Is it run using 2 x 2s = 4s?

Price depends on perceived value and accuracy of description.  Is it being posted or collected for £160?

Yeah it running 2 x 2s.

Its local pickup

Some other photos it really just for bashing about sometimes in large carparks we have a large field near by and possibly some use on BMX track or skate park. Had some fun with my sons little buggy on skate park. Or would i be better with a truck or truggy. 

Part of me didn't want to spend around £60 or so on my older car to replace wheels and servo when I saw this. 

image.thumb.png.4046a37987fd2d0ccb61e6ed61a03598.pngimage.png.a6111783588d766c813391a95165d195.pngimage.png.551c77bbad6f3c72580bf62183d2096d.pngimage.png.849d1610331cb77dfdd0af71f95ba9e7.png

image.png

Looks standard in reasonable condition, no obvious rust If your collecting then ask for a test run. Just be aware older lipos may have issues such as balancing and reduced run time. Radio is 2.4ghz. Someone will say you should swap deans connectors to XT90s or similar, but if they havent melted yet then dont bother, unless you change motor kv or go 6s. I wouldnt say £160 is high if lipos are in good order and electrics are working.

• Like 1