• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI WR8 flux 3.0 steering servo problems?

TLRxADMIN

Hi there,

sorry if this is in the wrong place? 
recently got into RC cars started off with a arrma granite and decided to upgrade to the HPI wr8 3.0  flux Subaru Impreza. 

On my Arrma granite if I am to turn the wheel on the controller all the way either left or right and to let go, the wheels on the rc will go back to centre position. However this is not the case with my wr8 flux so it makes for intense driving experience.  So my question is, shoukd the HPI WR8 wheels return to centre when I release the wheel on the controller? 
If not, is that a servo problem or the receiver? 

I am still new to this hobby about 2months in so I’m sorry if I sound like a complete noob! 

any advice would be greatly appreciated 

many thanks 😄 

yes, the wheels should center itself when you let go the wheel on the controller. it sounds like either the servo saver or the servo itself.

have you got another servo you can test it with?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

have you tried taking the horn off the servo to reset it then put the horn back? does the problem still persist?

So I have taken the horn off ( I assume that is the servo saver) and it will return to said position it seems only when it’s attached to the steering mechanism does it just stop working?  I have uploaded a new video to show abit more https://youtube.com/shorts/aP07CdO4oE0?feature=share

you have got one of those that is a horn and a servo saver in one. just looked at the video and to me, it seems like its catching.

could you try making the rod longer then reseat the horn again?

35 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

you have got one of those that is a horn and a servo saver in one. just looked at the video and to me, it seems like its catching.

could you try making the rod longer then reseat the horn again?

Yep, gave that an attempt to no avail. I’m getting hella mad at this😂 just going to take it to my local rc shop see what they think. It’s driving me mad. I must have messed up somewhere when I had to replace the front a arm and maybe didn’t put something back in the correct order and messed it all up 

check your tx setting for steering Dr too brother make sure its centred 👍 judging by the video and the way the arms moving too looks like somethings defo binding there check the drive shaft and hub area for anything blocking free movement 

Edited by Bajadre

1 hour ago, locky said:

If you disconnect the steering servo then by hand do the wheels move freely full lock left and right?

Yeah, but it feels abit tight? I’ve had a look and loosened a whole bunch of stuff but can’t see it grinding anywhere? I’m half wondering if the chassis is bent up and causing these issues 🤷

Check transmitter settings for steering servo are all in the middle, so not biased left/right and if it has facility to change end points then check these are 100%.

Are you sure that the steering crank isnt hitting the servo body?

Screenshot2023-03-30214849.jpg.0cc531fc9290ab252a2a02f3d24cc9c8.jpg

Looks like it just needs setting up and re-centering.

The white marks look like missing screws?

The red looks like a different arm to the other side?

The green shows that when the wheels are straight-ahead, the steering is not centred and is way off to the right.  

• Like 1

Everything what JonnyUK  said. you can see on video steering rack hitting servo but it keeps pushing and expanding plastic springing thing in servo saver.

Unscrew servo saver , set steering trim on center in transmitter ( controller) , make sure steering rods are same length ( like in manual)  , make sure wheels point straight and in this position mount  servo saver back on

1 hour ago, JonnyUK said:

Screenshot2023-03-30214849.jpg.0cc531fc9290ab252a2a02f3d24cc9c8.jpg

Looks like it just needs setting up and re-centering.

The white marks look like missing screws?

The red looks like a different arm to the other side?

The green shows that when the wheels are straight-ahead, the steering is not centred and is way off to the right.  

Yeah spot on that mate. You are correct there white circles are screws missing. I have since put them back in. Regarding the red marks I thought this. It was how my car came, which I found weird that there is turn buckles everywhere bar that front left🤷 luckily it’s just for camber but honestly I have no clue why it’s like that😂

I’ll do what you mentioned and report back! 
thanks for the advice ❤️