• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mud mud, glorious mud.

Not sure if your motor is sealed. but there's stuff you can use to spray them out proper.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/magnum-force-2-motor-spray-13-oz/DYN5500.html

I usually use just use electrical contact cleaner, works well enough. But i see brushed motors as disposable either way, not worth spending £10 on cleaning stuff for a £15-£20 can, might as well just run it until it stops and get a new one (or go brushless, as i did). 

Though, i'm not sure what  you mean by lube - don't spray WD40 in there or something - at most, a small drop of light oil on the front/rear bushing/bearing (no idea what you have). Oil attracts more dirt.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Not sure if your motor is sealed. but there's stuff you can use to spray them out proper.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/magnum-force-2-motor-spray-13-oz/DYN5500.html

I usually use just use electrical contact cleaner, works well enough. But i see brushed motors as disposable either way, not worth spending £10 on cleaning stuff for a £15-£20 can, might as well just run it until it stops and get a new one (or go brushless, as i did). 

Though, i'm not sure what  you mean by lube - don't spray WD40 in there or something - at most, a small drop of light oil on the front/rear bushing/bearing (no idea what you have). Oil attracts more dirt.

I mean a tiny drop of 3 in 1 oil on the bushes each end. After I’ve cleaned it.

Let it “soak in” for a bit and wipe off the excess.

In the past, I’ve found dunking a motor in a tub of water and giving it full throttle for a while cleans out surprising amounts of dirt. Keep changing the water til it stops getting dirty, then hang  the motor up in the airing cupboard to dry out.

It works wonders. 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fat Freddy said:

I mean a tiny drop of 3 in 1 oil on the bushes each end. After I’ve cleaned it.

Let it “soak in” for a bit and wipe off the excess.

In the past, I’ve found dunking a motor in a tub of water and giving it full throttle for a while cleans out surprising amounts of dirt. Keep changing the water til it stops getting dirty, then hang  the motor up in the airing cupboard to dry out.

It works wonders. 👍

No worries, looks like you knew - just making sure bud. 

Might clean out my Crawlmaster motor that way one day, if i ever run it again. 

• Like 1