• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Upgrades (and intro)

MiBu

Hey everyone,

Finally joined (even after answering the security question incorrectly 3 times… “Radio Controlled” > “Remote Controlled” > “Remote Control” but I’ll let that slip lol) after reading so many posts and taking a lot of advice before now.

Mr Claus brought my lad and me an FTX Tracer each for xmas, him the truck and me the truggy, and so far they’ve both been fantastic. Both bone stock up to now but I personally needed more… so I started looking for upgrades, and then as soon as I saw a post on here promoting the Flyhal FC600, I erm, “had to get one before they sold out” (to the wife).

Seeing all the posts and comments about upgrades and improvements, I’ve also bought “for future proofing so my investment isn’t a waste”, of course, Fastrax 1/16 8sp Jigsaw wheels, a back up BlackZon shell (the FC600 shells are all gone and the Slyder looks a 100% perfect fit), a back up spoiler, a back up wheelie bar, some clip retainers, velcro for the shell to chassis, mesh tape and gorilla contact adhesive. Safe to say there’s sooooo much more I’m gonna be doing but I won’t bore you with it here.

Anyway, it all got me thinking.

Has anyone tried getting the roll bars that come with some tougher models and, in the same way holes have to be drilled for clip retainers, drilling holes in their shell to fit the roll bars and scuff protectors? Looking at the likes of the MJX Hyper Go is what made me think it. Maybe you can buy them as spare from somewhere?

Thanks everyone 😁

Has nobody tried (or been successful in) fitting roof skid rails, from another model or even custom made, to a car that doesn’t have them as stock?

2 hours ago, MiBu said:

Thanks everyone 😁

Has nobody tried (or been successful in) fitting roof skid rails, from another model or even custom made, to a car that doesn’t have them as stock?

I bought some 3d printed ones for my Big Rock which doesn't have them as standard, they were made for that model so fit was perfect and very easy to fit.

I don't see why, if the dimensions roughly match up you couldn't fit any roof skid plate to any vehicle.

...and they are worth having!