• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AE Rival MT10 still good value?

evozero

Hi everyone,

Hope RC is treating you well!

My kids wanted to spend Xmas money on a new rig, and I have been eyeing the MT10 up for a couple of years.

I'm shocked at the price increase. If my memory is correct they were selling for £250ish, now they will be £330 when next in stock?

Does anyone know what the reasons for the increase, I haven't been keeping up with the RC news?

What really appealed was the the durability and lightweight plastic ness of it. My kids are still learning and I don't really what them sending a heavy truck into each other. They are trying jumps and flips, so it does need to be tough.

But at £330 is it still the best option?

I have spare 1/8 & 1/10 motors and electrics, are there better Roller options or pay a bit more for something else, so confused!

Many thanks

Ian

from what I'm aware its just import and manufacturing cost increases, for its class i think it still is the best value, in a year ive only had a handful of breaks on 2 cars (both servos but they are junk, a set of wheels just because i swapped to fastrax wheel nuts and they failed and weve only has to fit 2 rpm arms total) and thats been driven by idiots like they were stolen, id go for the brushed version when it comes out and its about 289 but the brushed system is crap (the magnets are breaking loose or overheating ) so id put as close to a 3600kv brushless system in, chuck a 2s in (trust me thats quick) and enjoy,

also this new v2 is mechanically the same as the v1 its just cosmetic and removal of the side protection for the chassis

• Like 1

Everything in the UK has gone up, so R/Cs have gone up too. I just buy something I want as soon as I see it, and if it dont work out I just sell it. I remember i bought a DBXL for £700ish, they went up to £1000+, I didnt gel with it so sold it for about what I paid new……

23 hours ago, Fred barlow said:

from what I'm aware its just import and manufacturing cost increases, for its class i think it still is the best value, in a year ive only had a handful of breaks on 2 cars (both servos but they are junk, a set of wheels just because i swapped to fastrax wheel nuts and they failed and weve only has to fit 2 rpm arms total) and thats been driven by idiots like they were stolen, id go for the brushed version when it comes out and its about 289 but the brushed system is crap (the magnets are breaking loose or overheating ) so id put as close to a 3600kv brushless system in, chuck a 2s in (trust me thats quick) and enjoy,

also this new v2 is mechanically the same as the v1 its just cosmetic and removal of the side protection for the chassis

Thanks for the advice, great to hear your success with the MT10, still my favourite option.

I have three spare motors, 4900kv, 4300kv or a  2050KV 4060 size, if one would fit? and ECUs, servos,  so will definitely consider the brushed version if there are no other differences.

The devil on my shoulder likes the look of the Outcast 4s at £430, but no centre diff is a surprise!

Son says must be a 4x4  MT or truggy style, I agree!

Thanks for now.

Ian

I still use mine, I had it out today. Love it.  I've battered it for 2 years and only bust 2 arms. I have gone through a few skid plates though, but that was probably my fault.

3060 is the biggest motor that will fit, IIRC. I still run the stock 3300kV and went up 2 teeth on the pinion (using a 120A 3S ESC). Seems ok so far. 

Tip for when you smash the shell up, an FTX Carnage (less than £15) fits, you just need to drill it to accommodate the different body post position. If you went down the route of getting the Pro4 SCT chassis and driveshaft for the LWB mod then the Carnage shell still fits.

Attached pics of the 2 year old MT10 (LWB ) (taken just now - still got todays mud). She's a little worn but always ready for more.

20230207_200441.jpg

20230207_200452.jpg

(edit: punctuation)

Edited by psyklone6
  • Like 2