• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Oxford - Black hole of RC.

totlxtc

Oxford. One of the most centralised areas of Motorsport. You have Williams, Mercedes, Red Bull, Haas all in a 50 mile radius. So you would think RC would be popular here?

map.thumb.jpg.41c887372a8ac6adf0b275dde193f516.jpg

NOPE! Nothing for miles around. Not even a half decent LHS.

I'm looking to go to J12 and thank the lord for online shopping otherwise I would not get a single part I needed.

Is there really nothing in Oxford? Are there people here in and around Oxford?? 

What does it take to get an indoor track setup? Club setup? Thinking indoor carpet on and offroad.

29 minutes ago, BlackSeaRC said:

I assume you are aware of this model shop: https://howesmodels.co.uk/

Yeah its awful!

Back in the 90's they were in the centre of Oxford and was a fantastic shop for all your RC, Train and model needs. The staff were friendly and helpful and there was all sorts you could get.

They have since moved and they have gone down hill rapidly. You cannot get parts anymore and most of their stock is RTR stuff that is great for your kids first car, but that is about it. Staff are really rude too. I would kill to have a Modelsport/Wheelspin/MB Models near to me...although I think the wife might not be so 😄

58 minutes ago, totlxtc said:

Yeah its awful!

Back in the 90's they were in the centre of Oxford and was a fantastic shop for all your RC, Train and model needs. The staff were friendly and helpful and there was all sorts you could get.

They have since moved and they have gone down hill rapidly. You cannot get parts anymore and most of their stock is RTR stuff that is great for your kids first car, but that is about it. Staff are really rude too. I would kill to have a Modelsport/Wheelspin/MB Models near to me...although I think the wife might not be so 😄

That's a pity but unfortunately true for many locations.  I have relied on Modelsport for many decades now.  Even though they are not local the service is always excellent.

12 minutes ago, BlackSeaRC said:

That's a pity but unfortunately true for many locations.  I have relied on Modelsport for many decades now.  Even though they are not local the service is always excellent.

Yeah they have been great! Also big fan of MB Models as their Xray supplies are great and nearly always in stock. Wheelspin too have been handy.

• 2 weeks later...

You want to try where I live, Isle of Anglesey. 

Zero rc shops, zero stockists, its online ordering or nothing.

• 3 months later...

Old thread but you have Al's hobbies https://alshobbies.co.uk/  in Milton Keynes and you have Align-trex https://www.align-trex.co.uk/ in Slough.

I am fairly local to Oxford and don't think there is anything around here

• 10 months later...