• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Traxxas trx4m owners thread

Gaz!

On 25/08/2023 at 15:40, Alex97 said:

There is a adaptor to let you run the stock ESC and balance charge the lipos using a normal charger. Have a look of the TRX4M Facebook pages. 

I'm running these - https://chinahobbyline.com/collections/uk-warehouse/products/cnhl-ministar-series-850mah-7-4v-2s-70c-lipo-battery-with-xt30-plug?_pos=12&_fid=fce426781&_ss=c

They are a direct drop in, unfortunately only available at the global warehouse currently. 

Hi Alex, dont do the facebook thing im afraid mate.

did you order from this seller?? How was it? Did it cost a fortune in postage etc.??

thanks for the help though mate, appreciate it. :good:

On 25/08/2023 at 16:15, Lone-wolf said:

Just a thought, have you tried the FTX 2S 600mah lipo that is in the 1/18th models

Yeah i have one of those from the fcx24 but ideally looking for closer to 1000mah purely for the run times and because i happened to have a perfect fitting lipo too….

could be a viable option for now though, the upgrade to “better” electrics is a good idea though, throttle control is much smoother, battery lasts longer too and of course just one transmitter to carry about.

thanks for the input though mate :good:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gaz! said:

Hi Alex, dont do the facebook thing im afraid mate.

did you order from this seller?? How was it? Did it cost a fortune in postage etc.??

thanks for the help though mate, appreciate it. :good:

Yeah i have one of those from the fcx24 but ideally looking for closer to 1000mah purely for the run times and because i happened to have a perfect fitting lipo too….

could be a viable option for now though, the upgrade to “better” electrics is a good idea though, throttle control is much smoother, battery lasts longer too and of course just one transmitter to carry about.

thanks for the input though mate :good:

Lipos were direct from the UK and as it was £5. I think the CNHL aren't replenishing their UK stock anymore which sucks. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone getting a Chevy trx4m??

i was going to turn my fcx24 power wagon to a fcx24 blazer but having serious second thoughts now…..the Traxxas offering just looks soooo good.

another great shout on the lipos mate, still not got any ordered as of yet but i do have a green Injora Tarantula kit inbound (for my birthday) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

That motors huge but will it fit ?

I hope so! It's a esc motor combo for the Trx4m just like the furitek. It slightly smaller than the stock brushed motor so I can't see there being any problems. I'll update when I'm done👍

• Like 1

On 08/10/2023 at 09:05, Alex97 said:

Fancied a bit of a change with my TRX4M, the hard body looks great however it's very top heavy so I'm swapping it out for the injora Tarantula paired with a set of 1.3" swamp crawl tires. Hopefully everything should arrive within a week or so. 

Screenshot_20231008_085605_Gmail.jpg

I’d be interested in the left overs mate if you decide to sell?? :good:

Are they the canyon trail tyres or the BFGoodrich ones??

if they are the latter id be very interested, how much would you be after for them though mate??

shame about the body, im on the look out for one too.

cheers mate. :cheers:

IMG_20231011_114731

70mm tall injora claw tyres and 1.3" beadlocks. 

Stainless steel high clearance links and stainless drive shafts for a Trx4m high trail. 

I was going to fit these to my tarantula (the rears will be a straight fit but the fronts may need modifications to fit) but ended up buying a chevy k10 high trail. 

And the different front panel for the tarantula. 

Edited by steephill
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Gaz! said:

Are they the canyon trail tyres or the BFGoodrich ones??

if they are the latter id be very interested, how much would you be after for them though mate??

shame about the body, im on the look out for one too.

cheers mate. :cheers:

They are the canyon trail ones. 

4 hours ago, steephill said:

IMG_20231011_114731

70mm tall injora claw tyres and 1.3" beadlocks. 

Stainless steel high clearance links and stainless drive shafts for a Trx4m high trail. 

I was going to fit these to my tarantula (the rears will be a straight fit but the fronts may need modifications to fit) but ended up buying a chevy k10 high trail. 

And the different front panel for the tarantula. 

Did the 1.3" comes pre assembled? I think I've read that they use a funny size screw.