• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Super 5SC Flux Spares

It's Just Cam

I recently became the proud owner of a 5sc flux and I've noticed spares are hard to come by.

I heard that some Savage XL parts fit but I've no idea what and hope someone can point me in the right direction.

At the moment I'm after diff cups and knuckles and haven't found any.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Pretty much anything Savvy will fit, there's not much proprietary on it. 

Definitely fit Deletes to the rear!

You'll need a high torque servo if that hasn't already been changed. 

• Like 2

Thanks! That's reassuring to know.

I noticed you had the aluminium knuckles on the rear of your 5SC, in fact I wanted to ask what they are? (savage xs?)

I plan to get a new servo and motor on it because of the cooling issue, but for now it's just repairing the wear in the diffs and drive shafts. Pre-loved truck maintenance kind of thing, especially when it was running on exploded diff bearings for what looks like a while.

OK, I should probably build up the parts and go for a motor change and gearbox delete in one go. I need to give your threads a good read to decide on how low of kv to go.

What are the essential changes/upgrades you would recommend for it?

Avoid large motors, they tend to cause drive-train issues. I've found small motors with a low kv work well and don't cause excessive wear. That's if you bin off the gearbox. 

The gearbox is unique to the Super 5sc Flux, it has a much lower final drive ratio. If you keep the gearbox, swap out the 2200 for an 1800. The transfer gears ate themselves in mine and the parts cost was ridiculous, it was cheaper to go the CD route. 

• Like 1

I've seen the ALZA savage CD kit. Looks brilliant but what kind of kv would you recommend with that?

Also, do you know if there are hexes that'll support Losi wheels? So, longer threaded shaft and slightly spaced in, since losi wheels have less positive offset than Hpi ones?

Thanks so much.

Do you know what savage has the same dogbone stub axles (that aren't extra wide) but still take the 2mm pin of the 24mm hexes?
I'm fitting losi wheels to mine because of the wealth of OEM and aftermarket part, so I need to move the hexes closer to the knuckles.