• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Xray XT2C 21 build thread. Budget stadium truck for racing.

On 08/08/2022 at 14:21, lorrylemming said:

After seeing windz1000r's thread and the excellent price these kits are going for I bought myself an Xray XT2. Some links below.

Windz's thread https://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/forums/topic/250961-thought-i-would-start-my-build-thread/

RD models https://rdmodels.co.uk/products/xray-xt2c21-2wd-1-10-electric-stadium-truck-carpet-edition-xr320204

MB models https://www.rccarshop.co.uk/XR320204-XRAY-XT2C-21-2WD-1-10-ELECTRIC-STADIUM-TRUCK-CARPET-EDITION

Only done the transmission so far, went together nicely, the diff is much better than my Schumacher buggies and it includes a 3 plate slipper in the box. The top shaft has some scuffs and a bit of sanding was needed on some plastic parts but nothing major. The biggest issue is Xray use different types of bearing in different places (oiled or greased, different seal types) and its not completely clear which one is which.

image.thumb.png.acb12866e1ae7c0e71853f3f8aae3393.png

Electronics plan is as follows:

• Futaba Rx to go with my current system
  • Hobbwing 10bl120
  • Banggood surpass 8.5t motor (still waiting on this)
  • Xpert RC SI-4431 servo (There aren't many brushless servos designed for 6V so trying one of these out)
  • 2S short batteries that I already own

I've got a set of xray wheels as I've read Schumacher and Associated ST wheels rub, haven't picked any tyres yet.

Mansfield racing have a Stadium truck race now on a Wednesday night since so many people have bought the XT2's!  I got the info from RD Models www.rdmodels.co.uk  

5 hours ago, gfhan said:

Mansfield racing have a Stadium truck race now on a Wednesday night since so many people have bought the XT2's!  I got the info from RD Models www.rdmodels.co.uk  

That's where I race mine well have done hopeing to get chance to go again soon just been really busy 

• 1 month later...

Gave this a shakedown at Junction16 on Friday night. Really great to drive, made me forget the build issues. The astro setup I've got on it at the moment struggled with some of the jumps but I was surprised how well it corners. Here's a video of the buggy A final to show the track, I only ran the truck during practice.

• Like 3