• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any Mountain Bikers?

LunsfordRich

4 hours ago, LunsfordRich said:

I’ve just got back into riding into work this week, I feel a lot better for doing it!

I’ve managed to get out at least once a week without the kids for the last month. I’m still in the sore arse stage unfortunately though it is getting easier quicker than I expected. Probably just means I was far less fit than I thought I was (which wasn’t very much). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigGinge said:

I’ve managed to get out at least once a week without the kids for the last month. I’m still in the sore arse stage unfortunately though it is getting easier quicker than I expected. Probably just means I was far less fit than I thought I was (which wasn’t very much). 

I’ve had a dicky knee but it appears that actually riding seems to help it. Feels a lot better as does the rest of me!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It has been nice being being out the last couple of weeks, managed to catch some nice sun without being too hot. The nettles aren’t too big yet either; didn’t stop one of the fellas from work landing in a fairly large patch last Thursday night though. 

Love the cool but sunny evening we have been having recently. Good to get out for a hour to unwind after work.

My worn out 2012 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc

m1ocQH6.jpeg

The chain jumped and jammed on my front derailleur the other night and left me with a some bent teeth on my middle gear.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Oh hi, new bike day a week ago. This thing is a beast. Most recently I'm coming off a 2020 process 134DL 27.5 so the wagon wheels and back to a 6" bike make me feel like nothing can stop me. 2021 Chilcotin 151, threw on my oneup 210mm dropper, other than that she's stock. And raw. So beautifully raw. Did I mention it's raw?  Also... I'm not a new account. I have one going back to last few years but lurked un logged in for years and can't seem to recover my account. Oh well.... I hadn't realized I made this one 4 years ago now!

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

Here’s my newest 1!

A gt helion 2016. It’s a weird bike because it’s accidentally ahead of it’s time. It’s a down country bike (from before they were called that) and it has high pivot suspension! It rides awesome as it’s my first full squish.

Also, anyone else go the the Surrey hills?

Edited by Hyper7ftxoutlaw

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, LunsfordRich said:

Got a few but the main two are a Cotic Solaris hardtail that I built up, and an Orange Switch 6.

Building bikes up is always good because you can do custom builds.

2 hours ago, LunsfordRich said:

Got a few but the main two are a Cotic Solaris hardtail that I built up, and an Orange Switch 6.

I custom built my Santa Cruz Nomad and now moving on to a 27.5 YT Capra my nomad is a 26inch.

On 18/12/2022 at 18:22, Robbie1992 said:

I custom built my Santa Cruz Nomad and now moving on to a 27.5 YT Capra my nomad is a 26inch.

I work as a bike tech so a lot of what I do involves building frames up. Always much more satisfying than just a straight boxed bike. I do enjoy a wheel build to!

On 20/12/2022 at 22:52, LunsfordRich said:

I work as a bike tech so a lot of what I do involves building frames up. Always much more satisfying than just a straight boxed bike. I do enjoy a wheel build to!

Nice good job being a bike tech.

Yeah been riding for 25 years, I was lucky to grow up in a great area for riding so it has just been part of life for me, mostly raced and rode Downhill until my thirties then I switched to riding and racing enduro, now I just ride for fun and fitness. Just built up this new frame as a warranty replacement from SantaCruz after my old frame broke (lifetime warranty is a great thing). I like to run a big burly bike as we have the terrain locally and it’s always what I enjoy the most.

DE4ADE78-CDFE-4D1D-AA07-C732FACFE808.jpeg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Craigyboy83 said:

Yeah been riding for 25 years, I was lucky to grow up in a great area for riding so it has just been part of life for me, mostly raced and rode Downhill until my thirties then I switched to riding and racing enduro, now I just ride for fun and fitness. Just built up this new frame as a warranty replacement from SantaCruz after my old frame broke (lifetime warranty is a great thing). I like to run a big burly bike as we have the terrain locally and it’s always what I enjoy the most.

DE4ADE78-CDFE-4D1D-AA07-C732FACFE808.jpeg

I’ve dabbled a bit at enduro. Fun but need to be fit though which I’m not at the mo!

• Like 1