• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Class 1 tyre recommendations

I’ve managed to get a new/alternate shell for the TRX4 trail van on order but from what I’ve been reading on it things are probably going to be a bit tight with the stock 120mm (4.7”) canyons trail tyres. So, it looks like I’m also in the market for some new wheels and smaller tyres to put on when I’m running with the new kightrunner shell. 

I’m reasonably happy to go with some of the injora bead locks from AliExpress for this but can’t quite decide what to do about the tyres. As I’ll be ordering the wheels from China I could stick a set of knock off hyrax class 1 tyres onto the order or I could try and pick up something kosher from a uk based store. 

Has anyone here tried out any of the hyrax clones from China (in the smaller or larger sizes), and if so how did you get in with them? Failing that does anyone have any other class 1 tyres that they would recommend for uk use?

• Like 1

After watching a couple of other videos I decided I might as well give some of the smaller hyrax knock offs a go. If they turn out to be rubbish because of their size or rubber compound then I’ve only lost £15 which won’t be too bad. 

• Like 2