• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 PBS electric conversion

beenq

My son and i run our converted 7's on 4s and use a 17 tooth pinion. They go pretty well on this and dont get to hot

We use a hobbywing max 8 esc with a 2200kv combo

Thankyou both, storms appreciate the links mate loving your work, will go with the same as you then a 17 tooth, I have the exact same combo as you 

Locky, I'm thinking I might just chop the 3rd leg level as its gotta be more solid on all 3 legs,  to be honest though that mock up has got it proper solid and the screws fit perfect now after some dremelling , might leave like that and try it out, I'll keep updating as I tickle along 

• Like 2

Hi Redback, are you talking about the silver mounts in lockys picture above ? If so yes I have those in place and at the bottom of the diff, your right in what your saying if that's upside down it really throws it out and the one pic I've posted does look major out. It was the 3rd leg on the motor mount that was throwing me all lop sided in the other direction so hopefully that's sorted with the spacers I've put in. Thanks for adding in though seriously I appreciate all input 

On 10/08/2023 at 07:12, beenq said:

Hi Redback, are you talking about the silver mounts in lockys picture above ? If so yes I have those in place and at the bottom of the diff, your right in what your saying if that's upside down it really throws it out and the one pic I've posted does look major out. It was the 3rd leg on the motor mount that was throwing me all lop sided in the other direction so hopefully that's sorted with the spacers I've put in. Thanks for adding in though seriously I appreciate all input 

Yes, the 3rd leg on the mount is odd, its not a hyper mount from the looks of it, so you may have issues with fitment.
Aslong as you have the standoffs and the diff holder is the right way around it should be flat, so that could mean the motor mounts to tall.

Edited by Redback

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all , right I've meshed the pinion and diff spur , but I get a horrible  noise from the diff as if something is slipping inside,  is this normal ? Could the diff be shot ? It's almost like it's too tight within the diff , sounds horrible 

1693492264438885448377649177479.jpg

Edited by beenq

Have you previously used the centre diff without issues or recently taken it apart? Only way to check is to strip it down, You should be able to rock spur gear against the pinion gear so that there is a small bit of play, you dont want a tight fit. Assume you also are using a mod 1 pinion. Sometimes different gears make a different noise.

Hi locky, yes used it without issues, I've had it apart , cleaned and filled with diff oil (all looked perfect inside) I did put 30000 in the centre diff ? I did wonder if I have something slightly off on the level of the diff/spur and it's causing it to be hard work but when I say it sounds awful it really does , yes it's a mod 1 pinion, I'm thinking of stripping it all back off and starting again , put thinner diff oil in, chop that 3rd leg on mount so it all sits flat instead of having to build uo the mount level to match , anything else you can think of , thabks for replying , appreciate it

Hi, well decided to go the full hog , stripped it all back offopened diff back up (all looked lovely in there) , decided to lower the 3rd leg on the mount to match the rest and put it all back together , still a bit of noise but nothing like before so I'm not sure what has changed (maybe the level has helped ?) Picture below , onto the next bit lol

IMG-20230904-WA0003.jpeg

• Like 1