• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My return to racing- GT12 Class- Schumacher Atom 2

PraetoR

Thank you. Yeah, I'll be trying to work out how to squeeze more performance out of it.

It might be limited, how much I can actually claw back, as my motor is only 3050Kv and some of the guys are using the new, Hobbywing, 3600Kv motor!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shergar said:

You must be pleased as punch 🏆

Do you think there might be a few new Schumacher’s at the next round? 

I certainly am. Didn't think it would go that smoothly.

Well, I'm not too sure, it was almost-all Schumachers, already! Only one guy I know of has a Zen. There maybe be a couple more, but I never saw any.

• Like 1

On 03/03/2022 at 21:16, PraetoR said:

It's the same Futaba T2HR system I have on my Losi XXX-S touring car. Nice and ergonomic, with the ability to set the throttle stick back, giving more throw, allowing for greater control.

20220303_175715.thumb.jpg.30554fba81bd21d18ff5c858239b026f.jpg

What do you think of the Futaba T2HR transmitter? Do you find it better than a steering wheel and trigger transmitter?

28 minutes ago, Retro Racer said:

What do you think of the Futaba T2HR transmitter? Do you find it better than a steering wheel and trigger transmitter?

Depends on what set-up you prefer. I am much better with stick transmitters and I really like the T2HR; it's comfortable and has the features I want (albeit, not many of them).

However, I know people who MUCH prefer steering wheel transmitters and can't drive sticks! All depends on which feels better.

If you are looking for a stick setup and you don't need a lot of features, the T2HR is great.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Shergar said:

Interesting reading as always - are you going to revert to the old style stick braking?

Thank you. Yeah, if that suits the way the cars like to be driven. I haven't fully unlocked the driving style, as yet.

Actually, I have far larger problems, as of yesterday. Explanation coming soon!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Shergar said:

Ouch is all I can say - is this normal in 12th scale throwing the chassis out of alignment or just bad luck?

I couldn't really say, I've only been doing it for 3 weeks!

It seems the steel chassis is susceptible to tweaking, though.