• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Return to Nitro

Afternoon all this my first post and  any advice would be greatly appreciated please.
To be honest I haven’t owned a Nitro since 2002 and it was a Hobayo Hyper 7 with a Novarossi Top engine, can’t remember the model. It went like **** off a shovel .

Sadly back then I didn’t have the knowledge and lack of Internet forums and no one to advise me on how to do things properly.
Cant remember even breaking it in sadly,

I’m looking to buy a new kit in the next month or so and don’t mind spending the money.

What’s the best of the buggy’s out there there now and looking for max power, with reliability.

I’ve heard a lot  about the armma Kraton but I prefer blue smoke and noise 🤣
Probably asking too much aren’t I however i need to start from ground zero.

Thanks in advance for any replies

• Like 1

Welcome aboard ~ glad you decided to join the forum after the FB link. :good: 

I'm more an electric RC user although I did have a nitro (Thunder Tiger TS4N) but it was probably as long ago as yours so things have changed some. Hopefully you can get some good info off the nitro members on the forum (may take a little while as members come & go offline).
Sub forum here might be a good place to post a question; https://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/forums/forum/52-general-nitro/

Good luck. 

5 minutes ago, GMballistic said:

Welcome aboard ~ glad you decided to join the forum after the FB link. :good: 

I'm more an electric RC user although I did have a nitro (Thunder Tiger TS4N) but it was probably as long ago as yours so things have changed some. Hopefully you can get some good info off the nitro members on the forum (may take a little while as members come & go offline).
Sub forum here might be a good place to post a question; https://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/forums/forum/52-general-nitro/

Good luck. 

Cool mate thank you

• Thanks 1

Hi and welcome to the forum :cheers:

As Yrkoon said you can still get the nitro H7 brand new mate (he my boy lol ) and we both converted to leccy

If you want to try leccy out box the VSe is really worth looking at

4s version

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobao-hyper-vs-1-8-rtr-brushless-buggy-red-396615

6s version

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobao-hyper-vs-1-8-rtr-buggy-150a-esc-red-439894

I was looking at the hyper vs 150a 6s version.

align trex on ebay whose actually AT models are doing the 100 amp (4s i think for) £375 and the 150a (6s ?) for £410.

i though this was a decent price for a good piece of kit 🤔

1 hour ago, Shadyacres29 said:

Afternoon all this my first post and  any advice would be greatly appreciated please.
To be honest I haven’t owned a Nitro since 2002 and it was a Hobayo Hyper 7 with a Novarossi Top engine, can’t remember the model. It went like **** off a shovel .

Sadly back then I didn’t have the knowledge and lack of Internet forums and no one to advise me on how to do things properly.
Cant remember even breaking it in sadly,

I’m looking to buy a new kit in the next month or so and don’t mind spending the money.

What’s the best of the buggy’s out there there now and looking for max power, with reliability.

I’ve heard a lot  about the armma Kraton but I prefer blue smoke and noise 🤣
Probably asking too much aren’t I however i need to start from ground zero.

Thanks in advance for any replies

welcome to the forum bud 🙂 

if i went back to nitro, i would definitely get either a hyper 7 or losi 8. they are both great buggies. spares are good for hyper 7 but i havent been looking at losi so not too sure about that one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom1208 said:

align trex on ebay whose actually AT models are doing the 100 amp (4s i think for) £375 and the 150a (6s ?) for £410.

unfortunatly prices on some hobao stuff has went up a fair bit recently, used to be 325 quid for the 100 amp vse and around 380 for the 150 amp, dad and i have the 100 amp vse's and they are very good bits of kit, just a shame about price increase.

• Like 2

Hello mate, welcome to the forum  :good:

1 hour ago, Yrkoon said:

unfortunatly prices on some hobao stuff has went up a fair bit recently, used to be 325 quid for the 100 amp vse and around 380 for the 150 amp, dad and i have the 100 amp vse's and they are very good bits of kit, just a shame about price increase.

Oh wow I hadn't even noticed this. £399 for the standard VS now! I'm glad I bought mine when I did

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shadyacres29 said:

The Losi 8 looks interesting, a bit dearer but quality im sure. 
Needs to be nitro really. It’s all about the smoke and noise haha 

losi 8 is a quality bit of kit, they make the hyper look like a barge for handling 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tom1208 said:

This is ready to run btw not the kit version👍