• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Favourite crawler tyres

stretch

So just doing some window shopping for some new tyres for my coyote so thought i'd do a thread to see what other people are running/have run.

Anyone had good experience with the fake super swamper types or does premium price mean premium performance?

Depends on what your wanting to do, you pay a premium for quality rubber, that doesnt wear down fast and has good stick / grip. If your just trailing, anything will work well, if its rock crawling, you want softer compound.
Cant go wrong with Flat Irons, even the traxxass trx tires are good for the rocks.

On 18/12/2021 at 08:38, vinniejones said:

they outrun any other tyre at my local club on a  crawler course will never use hyrax again 

the hyrax are made for high temps 70 /80  not uk weather 

anyway merry xmas 

What compound though?

Predator compound is superb here in the UK - I used to run Pitbull rockbeasts which are a superb all-rounder but I've moved over to Proline Mud-Terrain KM3 in Predator compound for a Class 1 look and size and they are excellent. 

G8 compound is better for higher temperatures and less wear, Predator for low temperatures.

Edited by ostewart