• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Where we buying lipos from nowadays?

Ross9999992

Evening all.

Long time no see. Lots of personal stuff got in the way and whatnot but a recent heart attack (at the ripe old age of 36 *gasps*) has given me some spare time and a kick up the whatsname so you know…toys 🙂

Looking to freshen up the old ground lipo collection but struggling to find any reasonably priced 5s from the uk and the 5000mah 45c’s (that I currently have) from hobbyking seem discontinued. Any suggestions on brands from AE (gets the import tax out the way at time of purchase) or any suggestions on cheapish uk suppliers? Gonna want some merv batts as well but I’ll probably just bite the bullet and order those from hk as they have them in the uk warehouse.

Ta very much 👍🏻👍🏻

Honestly i'd take a look on Amazon. You can find some really decent lipo's on there for great prices in comparison to RC shops.

A few brands I know & trust along with quite a few other members: Zeee, Vorjay, Sunpadow, Zop Power

9 hours ago, Ross9999992 said:

Evening all.

Long time no see. Lots of personal stuff got in the way and whatnot but a recent heart attack (at the ripe old age of 36 *gasps*) has given me some spare time and a kick up the whatsname so you know…toys 🙂

Looking to freshen up the old ground lipo collection but struggling to find any reasonably priced 5s from the uk and the 5000mah 45c’s (that I currently have) from hobbyking seem discontinued. Any suggestions on brands from AE (gets the import tax out the way at time of purchase) or any suggestions on cheapish uk suppliers? Gonna want some merv batts as well but I’ll probably just bite the bullet and order those from hk as they have them in the uk warehouse.

Ta very much 👍🏻👍🏻

Is there an option for you to go 4s and go up a tooth or two, or 6s and go down teeth?  I know 5s can be bought but they are still quite rare compared to 4s and 6s so you will be probably paying more for 5s value wise.

9 hours ago, Ross9999992 said:

Yeah China batts at China prices +£20

or £100+ packs that don’t interest me 😂

Amazon is where a lot of us are getting them from now. They may be Bang Good + £20, but theyre here the next day, no customs charges (which is now a thing even from China, with Brexit) and no chance of them being destroyed by customs (which happened to my BangGood ones for some reason??)

Yep as mentioned I have checked Amazon and if I’m ordering China batts then I’ll just order them from China (AliExpress - extremely reliable customer service and customs fees are dealt with) and happily wait the 1-6 weeks 🙂 

I have and do overpay for smaller packs for my quads from Amazon but I don’t want to pay £67 for a pack that I can get from AE for £45 with import tax included specially when I want at least 2.

P.s. yeah I don’t order anything electrical from banggood anymore. It’ll only break and then their customer service is slow and painful. AliExpress all the way 👍🏻

Edited by Ross9999992
Banggood sux

2 hours ago, MrCake said:

Is there an option for you to go 4s and go up a tooth or two, or 6s and go down teeth?  I know 5s can be bought but they are still quite rare compared to 4s and 6s so you will be probably paying more for 5s value wise.

Unfortunately I started on 4s and it’s just too slow. I’m running a heavy old H7 on a 2200kv (with 4s in mind) and the scorpion xxl without a modded diff. For reliabilities sake 6s is not really an option for either of those and I’m very happy with how both perform on 5s tbh. I could potentially do something with some throttle limits and 6s and have considered it many times but then I’d have 5s sat here that will never get used (because 5s requires manual cell count setting on the esc’s) and that would annoy me 😂

• Like 1

I've not bought anything from them myself yet but there were plenty of people making good noises about china hobby line on here not too long ago and it looks like they have a reasonable selection of 5S options.

https://chinahobbyline.com/shop/index/Battery-5S(18.5V)

Might b e worth a go if you don't mind waiting for them to ship.

edit: I think this was the main thread I was thinking about though I'm sure the packs were discussed elsewhere on the site around the same time.

Edited by BigGinge

Yeah I have some of their 4s for the quads and can’t complain tbh. I actually have some 5s in the basket there already but then I found some cheaper ones on AE (which with the tax already added on I prefer because nobody likes a surprise tax bill) 😂

• Like 1