• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Spektrum WS2000 Wireless Dongle - As PC Game Controller

Pingster

Wonder if someone can help.

I purchased  Spektrum WS2000 Wireless Dongle as read it detects transmitters as USB Game Controllers. I wish was to use mt RC Car Pistol Grip Transmitters to control my PC Games such as dirt rally, Forza.  I have a full steering wheel setup, but it takes too much space. 

I am sure i have correctly bined my controllers, the Spektrum Reciever shows up as "OK" in windows 10 "Usb Game Controllers" interface. However when testing the inputs... nothing?

I binded Spektrum DX3 and DX5 "Ground Transmitters".  Does the dongle only works for "Air Controllers" such as DX6 and higher?

Videos ive watched on youtube shows DX8e transmitter axises showing input.

Is there any software i can use to get "Ground Transmitters" Inputs mapped to "USB Game Controllers"?

Hope its possible.

It seems the case. Seems like ground transmitters "bind to it.... but the imputs are not detected.

Ive emailed Spektrum and suggested firmware uodate/new version to support ground transmitters, it could potentially open them up to loads of PC Racing Sim players, such as Project Cars and Forza.... becuase full steering wheel and pedal setups are a faff.

Edited by Pingster

i use one of theses

http://quantumracing-rc.blogspot.com/2011/09/vrc-pro-usb-adapter-available-now.html

i had a look but your one seems to be just for flight.   you could try the spektrum forums see if someone has made it work

Edited by turok007

33 minutes ago, turok007 said:

i use one of theses

http://quantumracing-rc.blogspot.com/2011/09/vrc-pro-usb-adapter-available-now.html

i had a look but your one seems to be just for flight.   you could try the spektrum forums see if someone has made it work

What TX do you use?

8 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

What TX do you use?

have used traxxas  older spektrum with real and clone RX  & core RC setup

i think anything would work as you plug your Rx into it

• Like 1

An update. I eventually got a firesky GT3 Transmitter and coneccted it usucesfully to the PC with the Firesky USB simulation cable.

Was able to control project cars2, dirt rally and forza. However.... the games controlled horribily much to my suprise. It was not the "Mini" racing wheel experience i was expecting. I cant exsplain it.... but the RC controls jus dont work for games and i totally cant work out why.  I meddled with the settings in game and was not happy. Sadly back to control pad for casual racing, and will have to lug ot the steering wheel and peddles for serious racing.

Theres a few videos on youtube showing RC controllers used with PC games, but if you watch them carfully.... they cant control the games very well and are faking the great experience just for "views".

Hopes this helps others not waste their money and time.

Edited by Pingster