• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

“Scale Nationals” 16th and 17th October.

Gaz!

• Gaz! pinned this topic

Of course you can film it (just make sure you seek permission off other people’s trucks)

you can run whatever you like as far as I’m aware, no one has ever been turned away :good:

the “see how much crap I can strap to my truck to make up for my lack of driving skills” (not aimed at anyone) doesn’t really apply, really laid back affair with a hint of competition.

if two people finished equal for the no.1 spot then again I believe it comes down to scale points (never happened yet).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gaz! said:

Of course you can film it (just make sure you seek permission off other people’s trucks)

you can run whatever you like as far as I’m aware, no one has ever been turned away :good:

the “see how much crap I can strap to my truck to make up for my lack of driving skills” (not aimed at anyone) doesn’t really apply, really laid back affair with a hint of competition.

if two people finished equal for the no.1 spot then again I believe it comes down to scale points (never happened yet).

Nice one mate, gonna do my best to get to this on the Saturday, cant do both but i think its about 1 hour 40 from mine might of even got new shell trimmed and painted by then

17 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Nice one mate, gonna do my best to get to this on the Saturday, cant do both but i think its about 1 hour 40 from mine might of even got new shell trimmed and painted by then

be good to meet you mate, faces & names and all that. I shall have to wear my Msuk cap. :good:

• Like 1

On 04/08/2021 at 16:38, Gaz! said:

You can use the current uk rules regarding how “scale” you want to be but it doesn’t matter overall, as long as you have a good time, that’s the main aim.

Cheers Gaz so no competition licence or any thing needed, have to say i am looking forward to this,but i will only be able to do one day

Edited by Jack Reacher

• 3 weeks later...

If I can build something in time I'll be going, always a great event. My mate who was coming with me with his TRX-4 has just sold it, so I'll be driving alone I suspect.

12 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

so do we individually reply to the email in screenshot, i dont know what class i would be in

Yes you do mate, don’t worry too much about the class, just include what rig with what wheel size and overall tyre diameter and finally what shell or cab/cage etc. and your sorted :good:

54 minutes ago, stretch said:

Oooo would love to come to this with my lad.

please do mate, be good to finally meet you after all these years… :good:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/09/2021 at 11:57, toyolien said:

Aah ok. My email address always ends up in people's spam folder so thought I'd check👍

I have had a reply from the main man, also i see a few from the facebook group Yorkshire RC Beasts are going............so i will know a few people

3 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

I have had a reply from the main man, also i see a few from the facebook group Yorkshire RC Beasts are going............so i will know a few people

Yes had a reply from Pete also. I'm hoping to make both days fingers crossed.