• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Difference in motors kV wise?

DEL 69

Hi can someone explain the difference between these two motors, am completely new to electrics,  seems to be a bit of a minefield , Am in the prosses of converting  one of my ic buggies to electric, i would like to get it right first time.  Think 4s is probably what i would go for, But 6s would be nice but the cells are a bit on the expensive side.

brushless.png.dbb2ba33a64183de3005d40e804ac745.png

You cant run 6s on those motors. What are you trying to convert, you want an 8th scale system something like this for a 4s buggy

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/311920/?gclid=CjwKCAjwi9-HBhACEiwAPzUhHJjHbQd49IQdPJ4VKyWxHfoRMhxk5z7pyBY3-O9G7OlP2FF_hdmeuhoCCG4QAvD_BwE

Do you have an ESC?

Edited by Kpowell911

Higher KV = more rpm but less torque

lower KV = lower rpm but more torque

Why you normally see the bigger trucks with like 800kv and 1/10 4000kv+

What size car is it? if its 1/8 i take a look at MAX8 with 2200kv was a beast in my Hobao cars

• Like 1

I was speed running a Hobao VTE think i had 78mph out of the Max 8 combo which wasnt bad! I had the buggy version running like a rally car which did 60 geared it down a bit was really fun on 6s

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Logie said:

I was speed running a Hobao VTE think i had 78mph out of the Max 8 combo which wasnt bad! I had the buggy version running like a rally car which did 60 geared it down a bit was really fun on 6s

Can you remember what size pinion you ran on it?