• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Solved

Berke16

Just fit a Hobbywing, they're better and have tuning options. 

Stainless screws are soft, in my experience, stick with hardened steel and replace them occasionally. 

6 minutes ago, Tug said:

Just fit a Hobbywing, they're better and have tuning options. 

Stainless screws are soft, in my experience, stick with hardened steel and replace them occasionally. 

Thanks! 

Do you have choices between these two models of HW?

Edited by Berke16

The problem with stainless, is most p[eople don;t list the hardness grade when selling on E-bay.

Stainless will proudly list 'A2' ..... which is basic stainless, and not the A4 you would need for marine applications. What it won;t say ios the hardness. There are three common tensiole strengths...50 (soft) , 70 (cold worked)  and 80 (high strength)

Usually, what you will get is A2 (70), which is ok in a lot of applications, but where high tensile bolts wre originally fitted, it's not an upgrade. A2/A4(80) is a lot harder to find

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nitroholic said:

The problem with stainless, is most p[eople don;t list the hardness grade when selling on E-bay.

Stainless will proudly list 'A2' ..... which is basic stainless, and not the A4 you would need for marine applications. What it won;t say ios the hardness. There are three common tensiole strengths...50 (soft) , 70 (cold worked)  and 80 (high strength)

Usually, what you will get is A2 (70), which is ok in a lot of applications, but where high tensile bolts wre originally fitted, it's not an upgrade. A2/A4(80) is a lot harder to find

Thanks for the knowledge!

7 hours ago, Nitroholic said:

Thank you for the information! I think I will get proper tools and few new screws instead of stainless.

Does anyone knows if Traxxas Velineon 3500 vxl 3351r motor with Max 10 Sct is compatiable? I dont think motor and esc plugs are the same but can I get an adapter?

1 hour ago, Berke16 said:

Thank you for the information! I think I will get proper tools and few new screws instead of stainless.

Does anyone knows if Traxxas Velineon 3500 vxl 3351r motor with Max 10 Sct is compatiable? I dont think motor and esc plugs are the same but can I get an adapter?

If your VXL motor is the same as mine it has 3.5mm plugs and the ESC has 4mm plugs so it won't fit. If you can solder or are prepared to learn you should change the plugs on the motor. If you can't any model shop would be able to make up three adaptors for you but it will add some resistance and another failure point to the wiring. Alternatively if you have a local shop they may be happy to change the motor plugs, but I'd then buy the ESC off them as it's a bit cheeky to only use your local shop for a soldering job. 

34 minutes ago, lorrylemming said:

If your VXL motor is the same as mine it has 3.5mm plugs and the ESC has 4mm plugs so it won't fit. If you can solder or are prepared to learn you should change the plugs on the motor. If you can't any model shop would be able to make up three adaptors for you but it will add some resistance and another failure point to the wiring. Alternatively if you have a local shop they may be happy to change the motor plugs, but I'd then buy the ESC off them as it's a bit cheeky to only use your local shop for a soldering job. 

Thanks a lot! I don't have any local shop who has new Max 10 esc 120amps (more pricey) but they have cheaper same 60amp max10. Tbh its ok for me anyway, if it wont be an issue.

I need to learn the amp drawage of my Velineon 3351r but Traxxas forums down these days.. I can’t make sure 60 amps is enough. I saw a topic about it in there but as site is down, I cant access it.

I can solder it myself but I need to get a flux. Its fine for me either way, I soldered some other components. I would love to support my local shop surely, so I would give them if my motor meets that esc amps or if they can supply a new model Max10. 

Update: yes they have new 120amp Max10 esc. I will contact them about connections.

Edited by Berke16
  • Like 2

• Berke16 changed the title to Solved