• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Flysky GT3C not working from battery

valve90210

I went to use my GT3C for the first time in quite some while only to find it wouldn't turn on.  I put it on charge, gave it a bit of time and it switched on fine. However, when I unplugged the charging lead it switched off. It seems that it's not working at all from the battery, but will work if I have the charger plugged in. I gave it a test using a USB power bank plugged in and that worked fine but obviously is not ideal. 

There don't appear to be any physical signs of the battery having died, no swelling or corrosion etc but it just doesn't seem to be doing anything. Is it likely to just be that the battery is dead or is it possible there's an issue with the charging circuit or something? 

How best to check if the battery is dead? 

5 minutes ago, valve90210 said:

I can certainly test it with a multimeter, but it' has 4 contacts so I'm not sure how best to test it.   It is a lipo. I'll put up a pic when I get home later 

Does it have a fly lead like a balance cable?

Black will be a common negative for all the cells, then each other lead will be a cell positive - any cell under 3v will likely be dead. 

4 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

Probably then, if not storage charged and still checked regularly it’s most likely dead

i have had mine nearly 10 years and still working. i dont charge that regurly either, i know you should as its a lipo but i havent and it still works. when  the lipo is dead, i just put it on charge and then it works again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, froggy8 said:

i have had mine nearly 10 years and still working. i dont charge that regurly either, i know you should as its a lipo but i havent and it still works. when  the lipo is dead, i just put it on charge and then it works again.

Nice one 👍

Seems to be such a mixed bag with lipo, some get lucky and some really don’t! 🥴

The 'four' contacts are in fact just two, one 'pair' is +, the other pair -

if its dead, just bridge the contacts on the Tx so you effectively have two rather than four, solder on a JST, and use any 700mah-1200mah 1s lipo 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bertberr said:

The 'four' contacts are in fact just two, one 'pair' is +, the other pair -

if its dead, just bridge the contacts on the Tx so you effectively have two rather than four, solder on a JST, and use any 700mah-1200mah 1s lipo 

Gosh, how very odd

bertberr clearly knows more about this than me, do this 👆

• Like 1