• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best all-round basher?

Derka

Looking at getting a second basher for the wife to join the X-Maxx and Typhon 6s. 

Quite fancy giving the Team Corally 2021/v2 cars a shot. Punisher or Kronos. They're just over a £100 cheaper than the v5 Kraton but as a minimum it will need the Swiss 7075 front and rear aluminium braces to strengthen it as its not going to be driven by an experienced driver so will get bad landings galore, so not convinced. 

Second option, no surprise is a v5 Kraton. Nothing else needs to be said about it. 

Third option is to get the Maxx but it's kinda odd one as its a 3-4s 1/10 truck vs 8th 4-6s or 2-3s 1/10 system. 

Is the Maxx 1/10 size? Does it need a 4s or is bonkers and 3s more than enough? If it's 1/10 size with a bonkers 4s system than I'm thinking the new Vorteks or maybe a Hoss... but she really wants 8th scale or larger. 

Last option is a bit of a different style but the Mojave is an option. Don't think 1/5-1/6 Outcast or Kraton is suitable for a newbie?

• Like 2

Punisher and Kronos i believe the same just diferent bodies but i do know the Kronos luvs to wheely if you dont want a wheelier ( a word?) give the V2 Shogun a look 

• Like 2

I have the Kraton and for a newbie you could run it on 4s instead of 6 plus there's it a switch on the controller to limit the power to either 50/75/100 percent, but on 6s I definitely wouldn't recommend to a newbie as its just mad especially on 100 percent power.

• Haha 1

If I were you I'd probably just put the money into the cars you have. I was seriously considering the Maxx but it's just too expensive for what it is, plus to get to where I would've liked it I might as well just save for a bit longer and get it's bigger brother. 

there is alot nice great Bashers today

1/8 Buggy is always fun and nice to drive.

Take a look at this great video and car

-

Nice handling.   Perfect power and Balance.

4s lipos are cheap, and light weight also compared to 6s

Please watch the whole Video.