• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

convert hyper 7 black or buy a radix?

Yrkoon

1 minute ago, Redback said:

mmm is he Neutered and Wormed?
...or are you on about the Hyper? 😜

ohh no its him not the Hyper lol :rofl:

anyway back on topic sort off i am going to convert my Hyper ST to leccy as well :good:

• Like 2

If you two were not so far away I'd invite you over for dinner! If you're ever down south there's an open invitation (you do have my addy after all) lol! 

Sorry for taking things off topic 😄 

• Like 2

I'm running 2200kv on 6S, you won't be nailing the throttle 100% of the time, plus with voltage sag, that +5k rpm is soon nonexistent. 

I'm running a 19T, previously a 22T but I couldn't get the pinion gear to hold. 

You'll be fine with 2200.

If I'm paying for that 50k rpm, you bet yourself I'm going to use every rpm 😂

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Haha 1

Just make sure you have good air flow, I almost cooked my motor initially, thankfully the sensored setup saved me as the XR8 put me on time out. 

I was literally weeks into the hobby so school boy error on my part...

I really need to sort my shell out...

IMG_20210404_120919.jpg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

Just make sure you have good air flow, I almost cooked my motor initially, thankfully the sensored setup saved me as the XR8 put me on time out. 

I was literally weeks into the hobby so school boy error on my part...

I really need to sort my shell out...

IMG_20210404_120919.jpg

can we see a pic of the inside for reference ? 🙂

i also think i might be hungry now 😛

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

you would have thought with the gaps at front of shell there would be a decent airflow through the shell 

That's what I thought...but nope the hot glue on the motor (I put some on to waterproof the connection points) had melted and it burnt my finger. This is one motor I won't be selling for that reason, not sure if I have damaged it. I've tested the hot glue and know it flows well at 80C plus...and it was flowing real good 😂

@Yrkoon attached. 

IMG_20210417_141016.jpg

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

That's what I thought...but nope the hot glue on the motor (I put some on to waterproof the connection points) had melted and it burnt my finger. This is one motor I won't be selling for that reason, not sure if I have damaged it. 

@Yrkoon attached. 

IMG_20210417_141030.jpg

cheers bud, i might cut out the front window on the shell for airflow then and cover it with some stainless steel mesh or a bit of fish netting 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

not a lot of spare room left there mate

It's pretty tight for space but has no problem housing my 4000mah Turnigy HD 6S, 5000HD 3S and so on. 

It's hard to see, but those holes are somewhat protected by scrim tape which I evostick'd in...

The next time I do this, I'll use some aluminium mesh I have left over from a Golf GT I never bothered to do a rust repair on 😂

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 1

3S 5000 - poor about 15-20 mins. 

6s 4000 - great, around 30 mins. 

4S 6000 mah - I had an accident and destroyed the lipo within two days of owning it 😂 from what I read efficiency increases as you give them more voltage (I don't have the technical expertise to confirm this) but I'm guessing the power system is laboured with 3S. My hyper 7 isn't light...

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Sad 1