• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Kraton / Outcast EXB 8S Owners Thread

@mydoddy69.. did you not shoo goo the body ??

I have a similar system going into my O8s, may I ask what gearing are you running pinion/spur ?? do you need the fan or is it you just being cautious..

Just to chirp in about an earlier post, those pillow ball end caps are well worth the money in my opinion, when I originally got my O8s the stock ones just worked loose on every bash, I then replaced the o-rings with better ones, and also tried tape and they still unscrewed themselves..!! maybe I had a dud set of hub carriers. I then fitted those M2C ones and they haven't come loose since..👍🏼

14 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

@mydoddy69.. did you not shoo goo the body ??

I have a similar system going into my O8s, may I ask what gearing are you running pinion/spur ?? do you need the fan or is it you just being cautious..

Just to chirp in about an earlier post, those pillow ball end caps are well worth the money in my opinion, when I originally got my O8s the stock ones just worked loose on every bash, I then replaced the o-rings with better ones, and also tried tape and they still unscrewed themselves..!! maybe I had a dud set of hub carriers. I then fitted those M2C ones and they haven't come loose since..👍🏼

Hi fella gearing is 24/39, fans more for piece of mind I could run without as temps where in the high 170f but I prefer to be closer to 150f if possible 👍

Shoo goo yep I’ve tried it plenty of times should have done it before hand but was to eager to get out 😂😂 costly lesson learned 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Finally got to take it out for a bash, handles lovely, rides bumps well. 

Did have a strange problem, when do jumps sometimes Esc had turned off or gone into fail safe mode, dro e it around a bit and it kept happening, split second of no power. 

Twice I had to go get the truck, picked it up got to my spot and dropped it then it came back to life

Gave up after it kept happening, after my son lost a wheel on his Granite, mates diff went we went back to the car so I thought I'd drive it back slow with the boys car on top

Well, it worked fine, had full power, went o er bumps fine did some jumps and it was perfect. Really confused, I did get beep beep beeeeep from the MMX8S esc which is radio glitch after it's first jump and problem

The mounts for my fan set up came in yesterday so I got the single mounted in the outcast 

111-C15-C4-84-D9-444-A-98-C1-86-D58-E8-D

Still waiting on fans for the double though 

2-D64-D4-F7-5-CF5-4208-B1-E1-FF0519-C1-E

If anyone wants the mounts just go on FB and search Bigfoot  Customs U.K. 

Price was £5 for the single mount £6 for the double and £1 fir the single cover and £1.50 for the double but you do get a couple of each cover  fit and finish is very good you will need to supply your own bolts etc to mount the fan . All on all very happy and much much cheaper 👍

• Like 3

On 15/07/2021 at 18:45, mydoddy69 said:

Been having a look at these fans on Facebook etc, omg I can’t believe the price of them are these guys who are making them serious? 

There charging like between $50 to as much as $100 for a simple 12v 40mm computer fan that cost like £4 on Aliexpress ! 

Okay I get there adding a a cover and a mount a little bit of wire covering and a plug but come on that’s stupid money ! Why would anyone be stupid enough to buy one when you can do it yourself for a fraction of the costs ? 

Now I have to admit I’m not really a fan guy but I do feel once you have it geared correctly adding more cooling will help protect the motors performance and life span. So I’m going to make my own a found a guy that makes simple but effective 3D printed mounts so I’ve ordered them and I ordered a few fans of Aliexpress total spend was £25 and few pence but that’s got me a double and a single which would have been upwards of $120 if I’d of gone with the scammers 😂. I’ll show you guys once the bits show up 👍

What i did mate, i made 3 for me, 1 for my Max 5 ESC and a few for mates, cost me about £30 for 47 cfm fans, mounting, i even got the cable shrouding and heat shrink so it look all tidy. Noisy buggers though 28k rpm lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

there any pinion options that do a bigger grub screw? I got RW one atm, pinion its self is fine but i had a crash, pinion come loose (did have TL on it) tightened it back up and im sure its rounded....

Still really impressed with how it handles stock, balanced and just glides over bumps.

Might gear down a bit running 38/39 and its a bit hot to touch, but when i checked on castle link it said 138f which is well below reccomended

Edited by Logie

6 minutes ago, Logie said:

there any pinion options that do a bigger grub screw? I got RW one atm, pinion its self is fine but i had a crash, pinion come loose (did have TL on it) tightened it back up and im sure its rounded....

Saga pinions from the states but be warned there not cheap they come in around £25 each 😲

Thanks will have a look, i went to buy a M2C XLX2 plate but it cost double in postage, so got a 1717 + MMX8s coming for the kraton as i stole the ESC for the Outcast 😜

2 hours ago, Logie said:

Still really impressed with how it handles stock, balanced and just glides over bumps.

Might gear down a bit running 38/39 and its a bit hot to touch, but when i checked on castle link it said 138f which is well below reccomended

Just get better grub screws, look on eBay for 14.9 grade high tensile steel 👍🏼

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@mydoddy69.. You got an update on those CNHL batteries you bought in the sale ??  How are they, run time, punch etc ???

Been looking to buy some new batteries for the O8s but can't decide what to go with, currently running CNHL G+ 70c's 5000mAh (great batteries)

Just now, BashingBrian said:

@mydoddy69.. You got an update on those CNHL batteries you bought in the sale ??  How are they, run time, punch etc ???

Been looking to buy some new batteries for the O8s but can't decide what to go with, currently running CNHL G+ 70c's 5000mAh (great batteries)

I updated the CnHL post I think, yep all good fella sadly not had much testing been busy with work and life in general but the little I have had I’m impressed. Easily on par with my Gens Ace packs if not better as they don’t get that sag when you hit the throttle hard. 

If your looking for lipos I’d happily recommend them over anything I’ve had in the past and present 👍

Runtime I’m getting roughly 20 minutes longer if I go easy and stop to mess about or for a chat 😂

• Thanks 1