• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Granite V3 or Rival MT10?

tat

Hi All

Think I've over researched (if there is such a thing!) and now struggling between these two. Ideally I love the look of the Corally Jambo/Kronos  where the shell is not that high but they are 1/8 and I'm after 1/10. The Kraton 4s is cool as well but doesn't seem to be available anywhere....but you get the idea.

So after reading the threads on the Rival MT10 and the Granite V3 and watching countless YouTube vids think I've overdone it! Am willing to the pay the extra £80 for the Granite but would it be lost on me as I'm still a noobie and only do light bashing and weekend driving with my kid? (Sticking with 2s Lipos that I already have for my Strada MT brushless). Will look at getting 3S when more experienced.

Also slipper clutch on Granite vs differential on Rival MT10....does it matter for my type of driving? Watched a vid on Youtube but couldn't decide.

Also read about the problems with the front arms for the Rival MT10 but that hasn't put me off completeley but kind of feel support for the Granite is better?

£350 is max so just need tipping over in favour of one of these please from experienced members if possible😉

Thanks!

arrma are suppose to be coming out with a new 4S line in the summer, but seeing the part support for new cars is so bad you might as well get a V3 3S until then. There is a Rival MT10 owners thread onn here and i think people who have had both prefer the 3S arrma normally. 

Am new to the hobby and own a Rival mt10 and a Arrma Big Rock the Arrma does feel unbreakable compared to the Rival.

I'd probably go for the Granite even tho I love the Rival mt10, but am certain you wouldn't be disappointed with either. 

Mt10 is just a helion avenge mt in drag, which prior to being axed a year or so ago were available here in U.K. for 199 to 229 quid (brushless version). They seem ok trucks but I get the impression the granite is another step up in most areas, certainly based on the few comparisons I've seen online. Which I guess it should be for the extra folding. Most peeps say the mt10 is best left on 2s, if you're thinking of going 3s in future I'd defo pony up for the granite.

We have an MT10 and love it. Broke a front arm on the second or third run, in a big crash though, but the replacement and other original have survived some very bad driving since, no other breakages.

We got the MT10 based on reviews and price vs Arrma, as we were just getting back into rc.

Only run it 2s so far, since last November, and it handles great. I suspect it would get me and my son into a lot of no skills based trouble on 3s. It would be quite quick on 3s, something over 40mph I should think, but maybe not as fast as the Arrma on 3s.

The Big Rock looks super tough in videos that I have seen, a long wheelbase Granite? Never owned an Arrma though.

I have to agree with the above, I doubt that you would regret either.

Enjoy, I know you will!

i've been ripping my Granite about recently and have been pleasantly surprised at how much fun it is. Not as fast, and you dont get the same feeling of power as a lot of RC's, but where it lacks in that department, it makes up for in the daft fun factor.

3S the thing is a real weapon.

I can't speak for the MT10, but for sure the 1/10 Arrmas make great little bashers and they're pretty easy to wrench on.

Edited by Paul Busby

• 7 months later...
On 02/04/2021 at 10:32, tat said:

Ah brilliant thanks all!

Ordered the Granite just now! Not one for huge speeds but more the 'daft fun factor'. Now the anxious wait and good behaviour to get brownie points with the wife as she won't be seeing me for a while once it arrives😜

Love this place!

how are you liking the arrma granite?

Edited by froggy8

Love it thanks! Not getting out as much as I'd prefer but it's taken a beating between me and my son when we do get out and I've only replaced a drive shaft...not much skate park use but more jumps on grass.  

It's built like a tank and so glad I got it.... worth it in my opinion.  👍

Pic from Isle of Wight😁.......coz I can lol.20210413_155524.thumb.jpg.21c13ad9a5741453ab776f17bc72dfb3.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tat said:

Love it thanks! Not getting out as much as I'd prefer but it's taken a beating between me and my son when we do get out and I've only replaced a drive shaft...not much skate park use but more jumps on grass.  

Pic from Isle of Wight😁.......coz I can lol.20210413_155524.thumb.jpg.21c13ad9a5741453ab776f17bc72dfb3.jpg

awesome buddy! 🙂 

good luck cleaning that 😄 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 21:27, tat said:

Pic from Isle of Wight😁.......coz I can lol.

Nice pic & glad you're enjoying the Granite. I've only had mine 3 months and I love it.
It defo has daft fun factor and I think on 3s its bloody quick.

How did you find cleaning the salty sand off after a trip to the beach? Did you clean it the same day?

I live in Cornwall and have taken my Firestorm out on the sand but had to replace the ON/OFF switch last time as it got slightly splashed and had siezed up & rusted by the next day. Let alone the rusting on the driveshafts.
So have held off taking the Granite yet, don't want to risk it suffering a similar fate.

Can see you got the aftermarket roof and rear bumper guards, do they hold up well? Wish I'd put them on before I wrecked my shell. Was too late after the first couple of tests out on the street and it skidded along the road on the rear and made a lovely friction burn through one corner 🙄

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Mate- had in mind to respond but forgot!

Lol I actually carefull hosed it down after beach runs every day and then used the wife's hairdryer- rust has appeared but when I got back home did a semi strip and clean and WD40 all over. My Son did drive it into the sea- albeit a few inches of water and luckily nothing happened! Some rust is still there

The aftermarket roof is holding up well but I'm not a heavy basher- but many skids on the roof!  The rear bumper was just some thick rubber glued on- it's now  off but I've added Typon rear wing that is holding up well and protecting the damaged back.

Sadly it's been a month and I haven't been out with it ☹️. Lol I think I also forgot to put Lipos on storage charge!!