• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Southern Scale Trail 2021

Fly In My Soup

5 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

I wasn’t able to book on because my boss can’t confirm any time off for me until much nearer the time, but doEd anybody know if there’s any sort of reserve list for ticket availability or drop outs?   Or indeed who I should speak to about the possibility?

You can turn up on the day and pay at the gate afaik, but they were also booked out so unsure exactly how that will work.

10 minutes ago, Redback said:

You can turn up on the day and pay at the gate afaik, but they were also booked out so unsure exactly how that will work.

Everything I’ve read so far says please don’t just show up it’s fully booked and you won’t be admitted

1 minute ago, walkbythesea said:

Everything I’ve read so far says please don’t just show up it’s fully booked and you won’t be admitted

Right my confusion as there is an open pay and play in july is turn up at the gate.
Yep sept sold out really fast, you would have to message one of the Neils that admin for a answer.

• 2 months later...

Ticket sales are back open for a limited number of extra attendees.

After the planning day (p&p day to you guys!) The team decided to reopen the tickets so an extra 150 can attend!

Get them fast they won't last long...the extra tickets go on sale on August the 1st

www.southernscaletrail.co.uk

Edited by Fly In My Soup

On 18/03/2021 at 00:04, PraetoR said:

Ah, drat! I was hoping to go both days!

Thanks for the response, we've booked for Sunday. :good:

Jump back on the website now - Saturday tickets are available as they’ve reopened booking. 

I’m going both days 😁

• Like 2

I have (fortunately and unfortunately) signed the contract for a decently paid offshore project, starting September. So, it was looking like I'd have to miss SST.

However, the project start date has slipped to the 12... I just need it to slip one more time!! :lol:

5 minutes ago, PraetoR said:

I have (fortunately and unfortunately) signed the contract for a decently paid offshore project, starting September. So, it was looking like I'd have to miss SST.

However, the project start date has slipped to the 12... I just need it to slip one more time!! :lol:

Better buy the Saturday ticket just in case….  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

@Fly In My Soup  I've just had it confirmed that my next offshore trip is happening next week and that I have a PCR test and meeting on Monday, so I won't be able to attend SST.

My brother-in-law and I both have a Sunday ticket each, bought and paid for. Can you please offer up these two tickets to those MSUK members who missed out? Be a shame to see two slots going unused when there are members who'd like to go.

Please PM me, if you need any details off me.

Thanks.

Edited by PraetoR
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, PraetoR said:

@Fly In My Soup  I've just had it confirmed that my next offshore trip is happening next week and that I have a PCR test and meeting on Monday, so I won't be able to attend SST.

My brother-in-law and I both have a Sunday ticket each, bought and paid for. Can you please offer up these two tickets to those MSUK members who missed out? Be a shame to see two slots going unused when there are members who'd like to go.

Thanks.

The tickets are non-transferable.

image.png.b10286078d14f9e708717a78eefa24bb.png

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, PraetoR said:

Thanks.

This is a copy of a reply to the same question that's been asked a few times about ticket transferring...(this also references a few others points that my be irrelevant to you)

Guys you have to understand that implementing on gate disclaimer signing is not the proper way to do it...and it wouldn't be worth the paper it's written on as the law says you need time to read it properly so you can understand what your signing.....

And without valid disclaimers the event simply cannot proceed due to insurance purposes...

As much as we would love to facilitate the transference of tickets it's just simply not feasible ....its a caveat of uk law we are bound by as organisers...

As Neil also mentioned...the digital copies will also help us adhere to government guidelines regarding the close contact of others at the moment (paper copies are a no no)...the last thing we want is a mass covid outbreak of attendees after the event ...and it subsequently gets splashed all over local tabloids...

We feel the frustration ...and as always...going forward...we will continue to try and improve in all areas...including looking into the possibility of ticket transference for next year and / or a workaround....or if indeed it is at all possible within the limitations we need to adhere to...

Thanks for understanding

You and about 4 others can't attend ...and unfortunately there's nothing I can do to help you ...especially this close

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all who attended.. 

We made some milestones this event...

Largest rc event in the uk....and raised £4500 for charity in a weekend ....

Not bad for 8 or so mushes organising it...and the 600 fine folk attending it.

Until next year!

P.s. join the fb group.....there's masses of photos,  videos, it's buzzing at the moment...

We now also have our own youtube channel too

https://youtube.com/channel/UCzSKxQ8w_emfDge9JrkvPqA

• Thanks 2