• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

VR Qs

turok007

Been looking at vr for a couple of years now  but still don't really have a clue  so

whats a good setup

should i wait  Is something else coming out soonish

what size room would i need.

also will need a new PC

• Like 1

I've got the new oculus quest 2 and it's incredible. Completely changes the experience. You don't even need a pc to play be as it already has a CPU inside. If you do wanna play it on a pc for sim games ect then you need a usb type c 2.0 or above cable to plug it in. It's the best one available for the price and it's what most people are buying right now

This SIM rig is one of the reasons beside my actual car that I'm taking a break from RC lolIMG_20210313_082756__01.thumb.jpg.3336cb321ca919337eb13925196625d4.jpg

Edited by fnknan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fnknan said:

I've got the new oculus quest 2 and it's incredible. Completely changes the experience. You don't even need a pc to play be as it already has a CPU inside. If you do wanna play it on a pc for sim games ect then you need a usb type c 2.0 or above cable to plug it in. It's the best one available for the price and it's what most people are buying right now

This SIM rig is one of the reasons beside my actual car that I'm taking a break from RC lolIMG_20210313_082756__01.thumb.jpg.3336cb321ca919337eb13925196625d4.jpg

Thanks for that info  also what sort of pc is needed if i wanted to try that sort of thing.

1 hour ago, turok007 said:

Thanks for that info  also what sort of pc is needed if i wanted to try that sort of thing.

im guessing it might need to be a medium to high end one.

4 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

ive been looking to get vr too, all i have come up with is maybe a ps4 and buy the vr goggles.

PS5 is going to have a bit of a updated VR    But you could go with the ps4 if it has the games you want

Just now, turok007 said:

PS5 is going to have a bit of a updated VR    But you could go with the ps4 if it has the games you want

i have a new ps4 that i was going to use if i decide to get a vr but then i gave up on one and now you got me thinking about vr again.

im going to have a look at the hive and oculus now.

2 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

i have a new ps4 that i was going to use if i decide to get a vr but then i gave up on one and now you got me thinking about vr again.

im going to have a look at the hive and oculus now.

Just been looking at the oculus quest 2  seems really good.  Will look into it a bit more first  as im always worried something new is just round the corner.

On 13/03/2021 at 08:32, fnknan said:

This SIM rig is one of the reasons beside my actual car that I'm taking a break from RC lol

What games do you like most in Oculus?

The graphics look okay, do you think it's good enough for the immersive feel?

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/03/2021 at 13:39, turok007 said:

Something decently powerful

I have a gtx1080ti

Intel i5 9600k 

And a z390 motherboard

16gb ram

That's about the minimum I'd run for VR, will cost about a grand. Can run most games in vr on medium high settings at 90fps. When not in vr it will run most games at well over 144fps besides cyberpunk which fluctuates from 40-70 but that games pretty unoptimised.

• Like 1

On 14/03/2021 at 11:41, Nick said:

What games do you like most in Oculus?

The graphics look okay, do you think it's good enough for the immersive feel?

I mostly play Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally. I'd say that it's definitely is immersive enough, even when running on lower graphics settings, sometimes I'll even forget I'm playing a game. It's amazing. 

It's really good if you wanna transfer driving skills from game to real life, that's my main reason for it as I wanna practice drifting all the time, but there's only limited drift days and I have limited funds, so if you think about it, the setup basically pays for itself in terms of not needing to spend money on track time, fuel, tyres, repairs, upgrades ect.

• Like 1