• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Your top 5 best RC Cars after you own more than 20 of them

m-racing

Hi all RC fans

To answer this threath you must have own more than 20 different RC Cars

This is the only rule.

Tell your top 5 of them

I have own more than 80 RC Cars self . i believe more than 100 🙂

My top 5 is

1 Arrma Mojave EXB with 8s Combo

2 Arrma Kraton EXB with 8s Combo

3 Kyosho USA-1  Monstertruck

This is like 30years ago. I was little child.

Dual motors, 8 dampers. What a Beast that time

4 Tamiya . Vanessas Lunchbox.  I got couple of these.

They are so fun

5 Kyosho 1/8 Ntro Buggies

Got many Versions of these,.  I have drive alot Kyosho Nitro 1/8 Buggies.  

Most of them have always been very fun and great

Tell your 5 best / most fun /  RC Cars please 🙂

Share please

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Hmmm, not in any order but Baja, SCX10, Yeti, Senton and 8th scale truggies/MTs, had too many to really choose just one.

How many top spaces do we get for owning more than 200?

LOL

you own more than 200 RC Cars ?

THIS IS SICK

im  just beginner with about 100 RC Cars  

LOL

insane

1 minute ago, Oh How Original said:

Not right now, but if I had never sold one, yes.

That is ALOT RC cars you have, or got.

Oh My God

Im about 90 different RC cars

At this Moment i have more than 30 of them left. Maybe 50.

I need count them some day 🙂

PEACE

TOP-5 list

share please 🙂 

if you own more than 20 

:)

1} Tekno truggy 

a joy to use on a track and can bash too to a piont but on a track you can see where all the R+D goes into these makes you feel like a pro at times lol balanced, so much adjustability etc

2} HPI Baja 5B

everyone in rc needs to own a 2 stroker at some piont big fast and noisy a fun 1/5ther

3) Traxxas stampede VXL

my first BL rc and a blast to drive pure wheelie machine and super light never seemed to break anything apart from wheelie bars lol

4)Tamiya Blackfoot

First Rc i bought myself at 15 loved and cared for it for years til she ended up in the loft and got throwed away 😞

5) Tamiya TIGER 1

Had a few henglongs but you cant beat mighty tamiyas edtion awesome detail plenty of upgrades great fun at events with others 

• Like 1

I'd have to say so far, prob owned 30-40 cars is that Kraton 6s v4 was a beast out the box, does everything straight out of the box. Fast, jumps and tough.

2nd car Infraction v2, again out the box its fast and fun on road action

I do miss my MBX5T i used to race, such a sweet handling Truggy

• Like 2

I got my first RC when I was at school, it was a tamiya corolla I think, I used to charge up like 10 stick packs to take with me because they lasted about 5 mins each.

I am over 50 now and had hundreds over the years, have around 30 now and my best ones would be the ones that I have the best memories with.

1 Mardave Marauder

2 Traxxas 4x4 vxl

3 Hotbodies Lightning 2

4 FG Marder

5 Thunder Tiger MTA 4

• Like 2

Like @hamradioguy, my favourites are formed more by the memories associated with them, rather than their technical superiority, As such, out of my 48-car fleet, my 5 favourites are as follows:

Hotshot

The one that started it all, not in that it was my first RC, but it was the first RC I lusted after as a kid back in the day, and then managed to acquire as an adult. A great build, a great car to look at, and an interesting drive, giving a feel of what things were like back in the day, which in turn helps one appreciate the progress made with modern buggies all the more.

F103

A decades-old design that is typically not taken at all seriously by owners of modern chassis, despite being able to out-perform them on more technical tracks. I have many happy memories of taking my £80 2nd hand box-stock F103 to the track and finishing ahead of people running the latest full carbon and alloy £1000+ track weapons. I like it so much that I have 4 of them in different levels of hopped-uppedness ranging from box-stock to full-house.

TT-02 Type S

Much in the same vein as the F103, it is a car that is seldom taken seriously, but with some attention paid to setup, can yield a surprisingly strong performance. Looking at its spec, this shouldn't be too surprising - the suspension is taken directly from the TB-03 after all, and the layout is much the same too - but many people just see the "TT-02" in the name and disregard it as no threat. That is until it comes past to lap them! I also find that, due to the cheap and plentiful spares, I can drive it harder with less guilt, making it a more relaxing car to drive compared to some of my higher-spec but harder-to-fix models.

Mad Bull

A rugged no-frills car that has allowed me to share the hobby with numerous other people, as it is the sort of car that I can quite happily let someone else have a go with, confident that they won't break it. It is also the car that comes with us on holidays, where it is joined by my wife's Rising Fighter. Some couples enjoy taking their dogs for walks, we walk our buggies!

M-08

Most people with a modicum of skill can tame a 4WD or FWD M-size car, but it takes a whole lot more to get the best out of a RWD one without resorting to a gyro. I started trying to earn the "I can drive a RWD M-chassis" badge of honour with the M-04, and failed miserably, to the point that I converted it to a FWD M-03. The M-06 was my next attempt, somewhat more successful in that I could manage the occasional clean lap, but still nowhere near as quick as my laps with its FWD equivalent, the M-05. However with the arrival of the latest offerings in the form of the M-07 and M-08, I am finally in a position to claim that I can drive a RWD M-chassis every bit as well as its FWD counterpart. It took a fair bit of practice, but at last I have tamed a RWD M-chassis!

• Like 1

1. X-Maxx.

2. Kraton EXB

3. TRX-4

4. Maxx

5. Losi LST XXL2e

Honourable mention:

6. Tamiya Grasshopper. My first exposure to RC through my dad, over 30 years ago.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hamradioguy said:

I got my first RC when I was at school, it was a tamiya corolla I think, I used to charge up like 10 stick packs to take with me because they lasted about 5 mins each.

I am over 50 now and had hundreds over the years, have around 30 now and my best ones would be the ones that I have the best memories with.

1 Mardave Marauder

2 Traxxas 4x4 vxl

3  Hotbodies Lightning 2

4 FG Marder

5 Thunder Tiger MTA 4

This does show just how what works for some, Doesn't always work for everyone, I had 3 cars on your list, The MTA4, Which I thought was good, But become a bit sloppy, I had a Lighting pro truggy, The one with the alloy arms, I couldn't get pass the weird feeling that it was strong, But also felt fragile at the same time , But that may well be to different from Lighting 2 Buggy to be the same now I think of it, Then we have the FG Marder, If we had a top 5 worst cars you have had this would not just be at number 1, It would be at 2,3,4 and 5 all to itself.

But for me in no order it would be 

Mugen Super Sport

Hong Nor CRT

Losi Muggy

Tamiya Hornet

Kyosho Laser