• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Bandit

5 minutes ago, KenGor Racing said:

Here’s my Traxxas Bandit. Love the simple yet versatile chassis which can take a bit of a hammering. Wish they wouldn’t use the grey colour plastics though.

5CD2D21D-9BDA-47AC-9A78-8635FB57D0EB.jpeg

946AD646-BCDD-4F59-B3F0-E84E43C9D287.jpeg

5326F0DB-34DF-4F03-A7B3-C73A4B39C9C8.jpeg

47A76E5F-E73D-4312-8D32-F759716C7740.jpeg

You can use dye on the plastic.  blue or red work well  also black

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KenGor Racing said:

Yeah I think you can rit dye these right? Just wish traxxas would make the chassis black or something from the start .....

i have used rit dye powder a few times easy to do

• Like 1

Just now, Oh How Original said:

I assume you race RC cars?

Just that paint job reminds me of an old banger racing team I used to know.

Yeah I’m more of a buggy racer ..... but with lockdown in place, racing is non existent so I’ve been working on bashers for a bit to see what they’re like ...... I like them!

8 minutes ago, KenGor Racing said:

Ahh so just hot water works? I thought it needed boiling like an egg?

i just boiled it then added the plastic when it had cooled a little.  i used a small plastic storage box .  i used a plastic stick to turn the parts over  and even the stick  changed color.

had my bandit xl for about 10 years or more, it is still one of my favourite ones and im running the ace rc brushless ripper 3300kv system that is found in the thunder tiger xxt truck on mine with 2s.

the only thing i have ever broke on it was the rear suspension tower after a rough landing and roll on rough terrain from a wheely on the motor guard, deffo one of my favourite pick up and play any where bashers 🙂

HlwTWuh.jpg

2mjmjZT.jpg

21 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

had my bandit xl for about 10 years or more, it is still one of my favourite ones and im running the ace rc brushless ripper 3300kv system that is found in the thunder tiger xxt truck on mine with 2s.

the only thing i have ever broke on it was the rear suspension tower after a rough landing and roll on rough terrain from a wheely on the motor guard, deffo one of my favourite pick up and play any where bashers 🙂

HlwTWuh.jpg

2mjmjZT.jpg

Very nice 👍 The bandit chassis is very simple, robust and versatile ....... I can see why it is very popular ........ 2s seems to be right for the chassis, controlled bashing ........ 

• Like 1