• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi LMT Owners Thread

Jumper

Just now, .AJ. said:

The Golden Years are perfect for the older style body and look so scale👌 

They really do, I've bought a couple more body shells and messed up one of them 😭 so i'm sticking to this one for now till I find a decent body shell for the LMT. I've seen many shells without the bed on the back of the truck but Im just hooked on the big foot truck look / chevy c10 kind of look.

One thing about these tires is that they tend to chip up quickly on asphalt !

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Andy JP said:

Mini review of Vitavon axles and steering knuckles. Excellent quality, easy to fit, looks lovely (to my eyes). Only challenge was the little metal sleeve either end of the steering link (circled in pic) needed filing down, there's zero flex in the knuckle unlike the stock part. The sleeve just won't slide in. I was reluctant to get the files out but I really couldn't see any alternative. Seems fine, zero slop.

The front diff did seem a teeny bit glitchy (back was fine) so I'm gonna just drive it and hope it "beds in". 

IMG_1017_LI.jpg

IMG_1018.JPG

IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

That green looks so good! 

Good job dude!! Cant wait for mine to come, I managed to get mine in silver but still waiting 😭 

- Y96

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Y96 said:

That green looks so good! 

Good job dude!! Cant wait for mine to come, I managed to get mine in silver but still waiting 😭 

- Y96

Thanks. The diff can be inserted either way around. When I bench tested I had front wheels going forward rears going back 🙃 - 20 mins later all sorted. Such a twit.

Hope you get yours soon 🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quick question, what nut driver shall I use to use the M5 nut on the LMT for JConcepts Tribute wheels?

I've tried every driver I have also went to screw fix and tool station not try out their nut drivers but none could of fit 😭 

Any suggestions? 

- Y96

39 minutes ago, Allan k said:

And your opinion?

very powerful  lol  need to get into some real open space

Edited by turok007

On 05/05/2021 at 21:20, Stormbringer said:

My son did that years ago lol but he didnt check it after all together and we went for a bash lol

The look on his face when his car wouldnt move wheels spinning but wouldnt move 

I had to stop running mine as i was laughing so much and took him long time to live that down lol :rofl:

I did it years ago with an E Maxx. Diffs were working towards each other and I blew the ESC 🙃🙃🙃

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, .AJ. said:

What servo are you using?

It’s a power he servo . I’ve managed to get it on I used a vice to push it on as it gave equal amount of pressure also noticed that the treal servo saver is blasted with a coating to give its colour mines silver and the coating is also on the spline which makes the spline thicker if you know what I mean which makes it a very tight fit 

• Like 1

Hello. Just taken mine out and the steering just stopped responding. I think the servo gears took a thump and locked up. But having taken the servo apart and got the gears freed up, the servo motor just isn't doing anything when I turn the wheel on the TX. New servo needed I guess, but can't see the Spektrum S614S in stock in the UK at all. Plus it's a great excuse to upgrade😉 Appreciate I may need to change the servo saver as the Spektrum is 23T spline and everything else is 25T. Any suggestions what I should go for please?

Edited by Andy JP