• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cheapish GPS.

Oh How Original

2 hours ago, Alex97 said:

A sub £200 championship would be a good event, maybe talk with the forum staff and some people at Rossa to see if they'd back it? 

If my build goes to plan i would be interested in that, and looks like mine is well under the £200............has to be im a tight git lol

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

cool, when mine arrives i might as well test it in a last run on the senton, its the fastest car i own................for now

I did see your Senton for sale. I already have too many cars I don't use! I buy them, strip them down fully and rebuild and clean as I go... They then sit on the shelf 🙃

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Derka said:

I did see your Senton for sale. I already have too many cars I don't use! I buy them, strip them down fully and rebuild and clean as I go... They then sit on the shelf 🙃

Speedo gives them a reason to not sit on the shelf, wonder how fast my trx4 goes, well speedo ordered so guess i will soon find out haha.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Derka said:

I prefer to use them hence the senton can go, but if it does not sell then i might use it in better weather, even seen a "Senton GT" that clocked 124 mph..........hmm

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

I prefer to use them hence the senton can go, but if it does not sell then i might use it in better weather, even seen a "Senton GT" that clocked 124 mph..........hmm

Is that the one that went 126mph on 4s?

The advantage is it's a bit bigger to see but would need some work on the suspension to get it similar to a touring car/on road. The Arrma franchise is not one I'm familiar with but the Infraction and Felony look great. Maybe some parts from them could help convert a Senton?

I'm going to start with my TT02 with a normal 2s brushless setup and see how fast I can get it. Then look at lower KV but higher voltage setup. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

I did wonder if ye'd considered a senton based speedster Jack, doing a similar thing on a mojave just now! 

Gonnae need a speedo of some description noo, be interested to hear how yez get on with the speedfleas. 

Edited by Acidsnow
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Acidsnow said:

I did wonder if ye'd considered a senton based speedster Jack, doing a similar thing on a mojave just now! 

Gonnae need a speedo of some description noo, be interested to hear how yez get on with the speedfleas. 

I would prefer to sell the senton, but it may not go and not letting it go for silly money, so there is the option of making it into a tarmac speeder, but lets see how the Strada project goes first, and yes i will be reporting back on the speed flea

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

My Speed Flea has arrived, quick power up outside and it soon got sats, seems to work and a tiny little unit, dont know when i will test it but might put it in car as i have to go out and pick wife up in a bit

DSCN0438.JPG

His fully sold out until the middle of March. 

His offering a connector so it's can be plugged straight into the RX

• 4 weeks later...

My gripes with the original one were shorting pins to change modes and reset and the GPS 1hz refresh rate.

Pretty disappointing that it's now pretty much redundant as this new one is much more user friendly.

I totally understand it's just business but would be nice if they offered a trade in the old one and upgrade at a discount to the new one. 

I'm still happy with my SkyRC GSM020. It's larger but does not require external power and has inbuilt memory. Easierbmounting too as it's not as fragile.

Edit...

It has a faster processor but no mention if the GPS chip has a faster rate or whether that limit was due to the cpu.

Edited by Derka

5 hours ago, Derka said:

My gripes with the original one were shorting pins to change modes and reset and the GPS 1hz refresh rate.

Pretty disappointing that it's now pretty much redundant as this new one is much more user friendly.

I totally understand it's just business but would be nice if they offered a trade in the old one and upgrade at a discount to the new one. 

I'm still happy with my SkyRC GSM020. It's larger but does not require external power and has inbuilt memory. Easierbmounting too as it's not as fragile.

Edit...

It has a faster processor but no mention if the GPS chip has a faster rate or whether that limit was due to the cpu.

an option would be to sell the original and buy the new version, i may do that in time, or i could keep the original for aircraft work and get new one for car