• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

maverick Strada`s budget speed runs for all

Lone-wolf

1 minute ago, everclear1984 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing yours running. It'll be nice to have a comparison between the different versions.

The electronics are yet to break a sweat, they've been super cool even after 4 or passes in a row. This is by far the biggest gearing jump so far though! 

I don’t think the car park I’m planning on using is going to be big enough after watching your runs, I’ll make the best of it and get some passes done in the morning anyway.

Im expecting a burning hot motor with the gearing I’m running so I’ll be checking my temps tomorrow .

Only running 3s for now but I have a 4s if I need it, can’t see it though lol

You’re going to be hitting a triple digits shortly 👍

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tomr said:

I don’t think the car park I’m planning on using is going to be big enough after watching your runs, I’ll make the best of it and get some passes done in the morning anyway.

Im expecting a burning hot motor with the gearing I’m running so I’ll be checking my temps tomorrow .

Only running 3s for now but I have a 4s if I need it, can’t see it though lol

You’re going to be hitting a triple digits shortly 👍

Just work with what you've got. It gets up to speed in no time but needs about the same distance again to slow down!

I'm waiting on a new shell to arrive. I melted this one on day one trying to remove some of the decals, I'm not sure it's particularly aerodynamic any more 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well done on cracking 100km/h! The new spur and pinion will launch you well into the 80s id imagine, the motor should be fine on that esc, just not sure about 4s even tho your esc can take it the motor might be a little small.
Looking forward to seeing were you go next!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Redback said:

Well done on cracking 100km/h! The new spur and pinion will launch you well into the 80s id imagine, the motor should be fine on that esc, just not sure about 4s even tho your esc can take it the motor might be a little small.
Looking forward to seeing were you go next!

We'll find out tomorrow morning. I think the limiting factor will be space. Although I have room for a longer run up it's not perfectly level, so after a certain distance the car just disappears lol. I'm planning on taking the drone with me tomorrow to get some aerial shots 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, everclear1984 said:

55 is very respectable for a first run, especially in those conditions! That car park looks a nice spot 👍

Cheers mate 👍 The car park has not been in use for a few years so is a little neglected with plenty of booby traps .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, tomr said:

Cheers mate 👍 The car park has not been in use for a few years so is a little neglected with plenty of booby traps .

"Booby traps" I like that. 😄 
It does look a decent length so maybe next time if you go take a yard brush and a garden trowel to do some prep work before you run.  Could be worth taking the time to clean it up a little.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GMballistic said:

"Booby traps" I like that. 😄 
It does look a decent length so maybe next time if you go take a yard brush and a garden trowel to do some prep work before you run.  Could be worth taking the time to clean it up a little.

I did a foot sweep this morning , I got rid of a few bottles of newc’y  brown, loads of bricks and even an old bra! 
But yeah I’ll probably take a brush with in the morning 👍

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Good first run, and decent speed, would you say its the fastest you have run a rc car so far

Thanks mate 👍 I’m back out in the morning (to the car park) Just tried running on a Long road and hit a curb 😆 just some body damage and a bent drive shaft. 

The fastest Rc I’ve owned was a Schumacher 28 nitro car 3 speed 80mph but you could pretty much just mash the throttle all the way to the top speed with that .

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tomr said:

I can see an 80mph+ coming on 👍Are you doing it tonight?

I think it'll have to wait for one morning next week. The weather is supposed to be turning mid week though 😢

• Like 1

Thanks guys. It looks like I might get another run in tomorrow after all so I've been out getting the wing mounted. Thankfully I test fitted the batteries and found that with the extra weight the body drags along the ground. Problem solved but I'm not sure how it'll handle now 🤔

IMG20210320204229.jpg

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, tomr said:

New PB with this chassis 👍

I’m finding it extremely hard to keep the car in a straight line on acceleration and deceleration ? Probably down to all the slop .

Thinking about picking up a nice used Schumacher/Xray TC chassis 

Comedy sketch.....I mean running video below 😂

You're doing great, getting some good speeds already! I turned my brakes down to 25% and the steering DR down to about 15% which helped a lot with stability. I had a lot of slop in the rear (eww) and managed to remove a lot of it by adding a shim behind each wheel hex and rubber orings behind the links. 

40 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

You have done a shocker in and had loads of tumbles but your having way more luck than me, at least i have the vantage working again though downgraded on the esc

Hope you get yours sorted mate 👍 

Mine thinks it’s a kid at a soft play! Chucks itself all over the place 😂

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

You're doing great, getting some good speeds already! I turned my brakes down to 25% and the steering DR down to about 15% which helped a lot with stability. I had a lot of slop in the rear (eww) and managed to remove a lot of it by adding a shim behind each wheel hex and rubber orings behind the links. 

It’s got to be the slop mate, I’m not touching the brakes or the steering when it throws itself about lol 

• Like 1