• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao DC1 Owners

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

As we are doing pics, here is one from the weekend, i am starting to like this rig

DC1 quarry.JPG

I thought you might mate :cheers:

Trucks looking good there as well :good:

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, PraetoR said:

Friend of mine is looking to build his first crawler. With this thing going for just £199 on Modelsport, would you guys recommend it over the usual suspects? That price just seems too good to pass up!

I really don’t need another truck but I’m still super tempted - it has great heritage and the price is a giveaway

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m33bhardwaj said:

I get what you guys are saying, the body fitting would require some mods. But the killer body in my post above is too expensive. Will look for some some budget models with such bodies!

Lots of much more affordable choices both in the UK and from sites like AliExpress, also depends on whether you want the toughness and durability of a polycarbonate body or the scale realism of an injection moulded hardbody

11 hours ago, m33bhardwaj said:

Hey all

i had been looking to get a crawler since long and found one built kit on eBay. It has been nicely built, yet to take it out in the wild and get it dirty.

It came will all electronics(absima 1060 and a 25kg servo) and lights fitted as an rtr and with a dumborc 6ch tx/rx.

there have been some metal mods as well. Pics attached.

the tyres are not glued to will order one. Will keep it as it is for now and look for upgrades later. Got this for 200£! I think I got a good deal6D94FC81-5412-4E83-A5E7-3A114D2A41ED.thumb.jpeg.af33be9347dfb75aa5df9b1a6e53e980.jpeg34CCB9C1-BD73-4F48-895B-7F5C7C8D48D2.thumb.jpeg.8fc6100981ef171013f726de43457c43.jpeg84608275-DED0-4191-ABC0-228DF546213D.thumb.jpeg.ea711530513f80eaea3832415d360009.jpegCAA589A5-76C9-4437-ACDE-27D92D5C6E41.thumb.jpeg.032507927814bc20c1c85a54cb92175a.jpeg

looks pretty sweet love the coloured alloy rods and your lightbar looks very similar to my one and the drive shafts look pretty decent, bargain 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m33bhardwaj said:

Do you have any links for any hardbody? Sorry to pester you!

Sorry no Yrkoon and I are running the stock shells on ours still and they have taken a fair bit of abuse so far :good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 20/09/2021 at 16:59, m33bhardwaj said:

Do you have any links for any hardbody? Sorry to pester you!

ah soz like dad says we are on the stock shells but they do protect it pretty well from some of the mad stuff i try to power over when it tumbles and rolls 20 foot or more down steep rough stuff lol

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

So in response to me moving the battery tray to rear of chassis and a couple of you suggesting move it back to stock position i propose a compromise....................................i have ordered a second battery tray, to mount in the stock position so i will be able to run single battery in either place or even better twin lipo so 10400mah should give all day run time. Just waiting for new one to arrive 

• Like 2

When I connect my led roof bar to the light system I have, upon accelerating the light dims and fluctuates. Is this normal?

Or  do I need a better esc?

I currently run the absima 1060 to esc. The roof bar is connected to the lighting system for the truck which powers the front and rear lights.