• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hellhorns capra project.

Hell horn.

Smashed all the bits in this morning. Esc rx servo. No tape unfortunately. So ahev used zip ties for now. Just about got it sorted. Maybe go for a test run tomorrow. But battery is a perfect fit so that's a good point. 

IMG_20210105_103615.jpg

IMG_20210105_114937.jpg

IMG_20210105_103654.jpg

• Like 1

Brass is these; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brass-Counterweight-Portal-Drive-Housing-for-Axial-Capra-1-9-UTB-SCX10III-RC-Car/313235771608?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

When I bought them they were £11.03 though, which is weird.

Wouldn't use Vivaton.

Edited by Oh How Original

• 2 weeks later...

Got the dig set up. Man that was a rubbish job.  The replacement servo oho got was dead already. So swapped in a spare I had. All set up now. But will definitely be looking in to the mod to run a larger servo as the dig one. Set esc up. Little test in the lounge. All good.   

Ordered a new motor for it. Next week is new 1080 esc and some softer springs. Make new links for it. And she is good to go I think. Then need to decide if I want to convert it to a comp rig. Not to sure yet. 

I had a conversation with the owner of krazed build who makes the alcista and he couldn't give a date as to availability again.

I actually have a sucker punch chassis on a 2.2 sporty build ( when I finish it) and it really is first class does he still make them asi would have another one if nothing else comes up

He will get more in. Popular build as its a fantastic price. 

Please sell me the sucker punch chassis. I'd love to have one.  He is still making them.  

The one I'm making is a similar copy of the sucker punch one.  Once I get my shorter 2660s in. I will remake the carbon bits a bit longer and lower in the rear. It will also make mounting a body easier. 

1 hour ago, Jammy1074 said:

Ive got a high altitude performance shephard chassis. Direct replacement for capra. Bolts onto capra skid etc for sale in UK. £60 plus p+p

So your selling it. Or you can get it in the UK for sale? If your selling it. Please pm me. We can have a chat about it. Thanks dude 

• 1 month later...